Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
I had to say it.

We have had a lot of people with birthdays at work this week and finally Mom went "What was going on 9 months before this week?" And 9 months from this week puts you right around February 14th. Suddenly, it all made sense. Thanks Mom and Dad.

Yeah. Surprised it took me as long as it did to figure that one out.

I'm scarred forever. :eeek:

Sorry Mae, I think Foat = Fawt, but I snuck an extra "R" into Wuth. I need to go visit there sometime. I've only been to Dallas and that was at about 75 at night or 15 during rush hour. I KNOW it ain't the same place.

I don't know how you say it, but we say Foat Wuth. lol & I once read a quote that said the only good thing about Dallas was that there is a world class city about 30 miles to the west. Have to say I agree on that one. ;)

Thanks for all the B-day wishes, Loungers. :biggrin:

And how old does something have to be to be considered vintage.

As an example, for years where I live you could get a vintage vehicle tag for any car over 25 years old. You bought it, and it was good from then on - never had to buy one again. They changed all that back in the 90s, and now the car has to be pre 74 or something like. that. There's also a bunch of other restrictions on stuff like how many miles you drive it in a year and it has to be original and in good shape, but I guess all that's beside the point. What I'm getting at is how do you determine "vintage"?
According to the Ruby Lane website, "As a general rule, vintage should not be used in reference to an object less than 20 years old, and the object should be somewhat representational and recognizable as belonging to the era in which it was made." Additionally, with regards to defining an antique, "Most authorities consider the term 'antique' to mean an age of at least 100 years. If an item is not definitively datable to 100 or more years in age, it should not be directly referred to as an antique." Sounds reasonable to me.

And birthday wishes to all!

According to the Ruby Lane website, "As a general rule, vintage should not be used in reference to an object less than 20 years old, and the object should be somewhat representational and recognizable as belonging to the era in which it was made." Additionally, with regards to defining an antique, "Most authorities consider the term 'antique' to mean an age of at least 100 years. If an item is not definitively datable to 100 or more years in age, it should not be directly referred to as an antique." Sounds reasonable to me.

And birthday wishes to all!

That means vintage can be anything from 1914 to 1993 :p

I'm considering buying a house in Arlington. Where do I rank?? lol

I don't know how you say it, but we say Foat Wuth. lol & I once read a quote that said the only good thing about Dallas was that there is a world class city about 30 miles to the west. Have to say I agree on that one. ;)

Thanks for all the B-day wishes, Loungers. :biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun