Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Also, time seems to have an effect on memories. Over the years I've run into people here and there that I went to high school with, and the ones I barely knew back then sometimes act as if we were the best of friends. [huh]
I get that too.
Then I have to go home and look them up in the old annual to see who they were. :D
If I remember their name when I get back home...

Better still, you run into someone who was a complete @#%& and they act that way.
This reminds me of when I attended my 10-year high school reunion (not my idea), the story of which requires a little set-up.

One of the "characters" at my high school was a guy who most people knew as "Drug"--a "Mickey Rourke" type with long straight hair that reached his belt line, and who was almost always adorned in a long overcoat and a black stingy-brim fedora regardless of the weather. Because of his appearance and his association with the school "tough guys", most of the students knew of him but didn't really know him; certainly not well enough to know he was extremely intelligent.

Anyway, he made an appearance at this reunion wearing a black leather "biker" jacket with his still-long hair held in place with a bandana, arriving fashionably late and spending almost the entire evening hanging around the bar at the back of the room. While he and I were chatting, people who wouldn't have given him the time of day 10 years earlier were greeting him as though he were royalty, and after every one of these encounters he would look at me, shake his head, and shrug with a "What the *expletive* was that about?" expression on his face. lol

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Arlington, oh Arlington! Should be Jerry Jone's City, since he's bought most of it. At least you'd be moving in after he took a whole neighborhood for his "Death Star," or "Jerry World," as we affectionately call it. lol

Justin B

One Too Many
Arlington, oh Arlington! Should be Jerry Jone's City, since he's bought most of it. At least you'd be moving in after he took a whole neighborhood for his "Death Star," or "Jerry World," as we affectionately call it. lol

Please don't insult the Death Star.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun