Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

A couple that I recently picked up. Not the best photos but probably nice hats.

P. & C. Habig, size 58cm, with original store box.

!CDFTrWgCGk~$(KGrHqV,!g8E0fWQq1!mBNNZZr!RhQ~~_12.JPG

!CDFTsow!mk~$(KGrHqF,!hUE0evdm0bJBNNZZuKJF!~~_12.JPG

!CDFTv,Q!mk~$(KGrHqN,!k0Ez+zdydSjBNNZZ1PUeg~~_12.JPG

!CDFT0!QCGk~$(KGrHqJ,!iwE0FkBI37wBNNZ,!7JZQ~~_12.JPG

Mayser Homburg, brown, size 58cm. Not sure if this the original sweatband. From same store (Gustav Kramer, Frankfurt Main) as the P. & C. Habig. Also the gray Echter Borsalino from last week.

!CDSPq2gBWk~$(KGrHqF,!iEE0E+uBDhBBNOD7o8j-g~~_12.JPG

!CDSPmm!EWk~$(KGrHqZ,!hYE0fhM!K34BNOD7dGohg~~_12.JPG

!CDSPptw!2k~$(KGrHqN,!lEEz+6Oy)BIBNOD7l1hh!~~_12.JPG

SteveAS

Practically Family
I won this G.A Dunn & Co Genuine English Velour last night. It was advertised as a bowler/derby, but I think it's an open-crowned fedora. According to this thread, since it's marked G.A. Dunn & Co (rather than Dunn & Co), it might well be pre-1940. The seller describes it as "mint," so I couldn't resist it for $35, shipped.

!CEB(yZ!BWk~$(KGrHqR,!iwE0FwCJVIbBNQfe03ZE!~~0_12.JPG

Alex

Practically Family
I can't seem to find any nice hats my size on the bay that go under like $70 or $80, so it's amazing how you guys come away with those nice steals, Steve.

Thanks, mayserwegener! It's a 6-7/8, but I presume that's a British size, which would make it a US size 7, which is just my size (he writes with fingers crossed).

Yes that should be the case. I wish I was a size 7. :) It looks like a real nice one. They were probably going after the Austrian Velour market.

SteveAS

Practically Family
High availability and better deals if you are a 7 or below.

That's less true than it used to be. There seem to be a bunch of us size 7s who have come down with HAD (Hat Acquisition Disorder) over the last few months. :eek:

Nice snag SteveAS!! Thats a beautiful Velour. I just got two G.A. Dunn & Co hats off EBAY UK for myself. I cant wait to see them. Im a size 7 also.

Thanks, Joshbru3. Congratulations on your acquisitions. I'll post pictures when mine arrives look forward to seeing your pictures.

I won this G.A Dunn & Co Genuine English Velour last night. It was advertised as a bowler/derby, but I think it's an open-crowned fedora. According to this thread, since it's marked G.A. Dunn & Co (rather than Dunn & Co), it might well be pre-1940. The seller describes it as "mint," so I couldn't resist it for $35, shipped.

Very good catch - and with some good brim width to it... many of these mismarked "bowlers" are narrow brimmed open crown fedoras.

Hope it fits you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philheaton