Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Ande1964

Practically Family
I landed a couple in the last 24 hours. First, a Herbert Johnson.

Brit.JPG

Second was the hat I was really excited about, this vintage Borsalino. My vintage Borsos are probably my favorite hats. They don't pop up every day in my size, so I'm really thrilled to find another one.

Bors.JPG

Now, I cross my fingers and wait!

Anj

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
I landed a couple in the last 24 hours. First, a Herbert Johnson.

Second was the hat I was really excited about, this vintage Borsalino. My vintage Borsos are probably my favorite hats. They don't pop up every day in my size, so I'm really thrilled to find another one.

Now, I cross my fingers and wait!

Anj

I got another Borso from the same seller and, quite honestly, the photos didn't do the hat justice. It was a stunning deep blue with a burgundy brim binding and ribbon (I passed it on to another Lounger who currently has it on Ebay). So, don't be surprised if the hats turn out to be much better than you imagined.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
So, who were the other two who asked for an early end of a certain, recently posted, badly titled auction?
I guess I was the only one to offer an amount, but the two other questions led the seller to leave it up.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
That was me. I am shocked I got it, to tell the truth. I just bid once and assumed I'd be outbid.

I feel I paid too much, but... well, I just had to try, anyway.

5403418964_4372fda81f.jpg

5403419022_6e290107cc.jpg

I also don't see how he could possibly ship it for only $12. I would think a box that big would cost into the $20 range to ship?

That was me. I am shocked I got it, to tell the truth. I just bid once and assumed I'd be outbid.

I feel I paid too much, but... well, I just had to try, anyway.

I also don't see how he could possibly ship it for only $12. I would think a box that big would cost into the $20 range to ship?

Big padded envelope? 8^)

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
When the 100 I bought with the case arrived, the seller had surrounded it with a layer of bubble wrap, followed by brown paper. The metered rate said $19 something. Granted, this is a much lighter case, but it's about the same volume. I'd talk to the seller, and offer to pony-up an extra $10 for better packing if it sounds necessary. It would be a small price to pay to ensure a safe(r) arrival of, like I said, a box I've never seen.

Now, for inserts...

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, guys. Viktor, what you're seeing on the ribbon are frayed ends -- a ribbon treatment that was common on Stetson western hats.

Cheers,
JtL

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
When the 100 I bought with the case arrived, the seller had surrounded it with a layer of bubble wrap, followed by brown paper. The metered rate said $19 something. Granted, this is a much lighter case, but it's about the same volume. I'd talk to the seller, and offer to pony-up an extra $10 for better packing if it sounds necessary. It would be a small price to pay to ensure a safe(r) arrival of, like I said, a box I've never seen.

Now, for inserts...

That is a very good point. I think I will ask the seller to be sure about packing.

As to inserts....

I wonder if a Stetson dealer can get the plastic hat holder for a customer? Do they even still make them?

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
I'd talk to the seller, and offer to pony-up an extra $10 for better packing if it sounds necessary.

I just emailed the seller and asked if I could help any with shipping.

Also, I was just thinking, I couldn't really see the latches. I wonder if there is a lock? It doesn't look like there is a lock on those latches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philheaton