Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Justin B

One Too Many
Whoever they guy is that keeps outbidding me on size 7 hats....stop it! LOL.

Same guy has sniped me at the last second on four lids now.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Actually, Justin, me, Alan, and a few others (us size 7ers) were here first!!!
:)

Be happy, though. I am starting to cut back on my hat buying. I haven't bid on a single hat all week. OK, I've only bid on two all week, but two is hardly anything. Well, maybe it was 4.... but I AM cutting down.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Well, then, paulcr, you certainly don't have me for a competitor. I don't buy any hat with less than a 2-1/4" brim. So, bid away, my friend!

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Great find, Yelps!

I've been trying to hunt down a nice vintage newsboy cap in my size for some time now but did not have any luck so far. For the time being I'll just keep repating my mantra: patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, patience...

I just kinda put in a bid on these on a whim, and no one else bid. Maybe I was missing something, but they look like they will work perfectly fine for me.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
I just did a BIN for a gray Stetson Playboy.

I have not been following the Playboy threads here, so I don't know a whole lot about the model. (It just sounds wrong to say I just bought a Playboy model, doesn't it? Ha, ha.)

I am also not very familiar with the dating of the Playboy model. I'm guessing 1950s with this?

5396492070_78129cb439.jpg

5395894309_de05bfe506.jpg

Is it missing a liner, or did it never have one?

5395894355_f96e0504ed.jpg

These are the seller's photos, so I'll update when I finally get the item.

I figured $47 was a good enough price.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
I thought I recognized the seller name on that auction. I just didn't want to say because I wasn't sure.
So, thanks to Aureliano for the Playboy!
Now, do ya know the age, A?

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Is this an American Made hat and just sold in Canada? If so, is there a quality difference? As for price, its my first ebay purchase so I was shooting in the dark.
Made in Canada/Fabrique au Canada. Others may suggest any quality difference, but many different types were made so a generalization is likely difficult.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
I bid on 7s, 7-1/8s almost strictly. I have picked up a few 6-78s here and there. I also, on very, very rare occasion do a 7-1/4 if the hat is just too primo. But the latter I've only done twice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philheaton