Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I picked this one up off the bay last night - Penney's Towncraft
Hopefully she'll stretch just a tad.
town5.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
Has anyone seen the show Intervention?
I am waiting to spot a Lounge member on the program as his family attempts to break him of the fedora collecting addiction.. :)

fmw

One Too Many
Incredible Ebay find. It turned out to be brand new with tags and it fits perfectly.

flinders.jpg

flindersinterior1.jpg

flindersinterior2.jpg

flindersinterior3.jpg

barrowjh

One Too Many
Couple of recent ebay adventures -
First, this 3X Stetson in a sand color, 3 3/8 brim, from the 40's per JTL's 'dating vintage stetsons by liner' field guide.
Picture37.jpg

Picture34.jpg

Picture35.jpg

Picture36.jpg

Not too bad for $26, $34 delivered (plus a little work) here are some details -
the 3X logo -
Picture38.jpg

'last drop' under oilskin -
Picture39.jpg

oilskin sweatband separator, 'philly tag, liner stitched in -
Picture40.jpg

size sticker showing '1/8' -
Picture41.jpg

oops, forgot the listing - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K:MEWNX:IT

Will do a separate post for the 2nd recent western

barrowjh

One Too Many
Here is the 2nd western, won for the stunning price of only $12.84, $23 delivered - the listing - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...in2MUUQ%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT
a Resistol 'Cutter Bill' Beaver 50 in silver belly sold at Cutter Bill Western World in Houston, 3 inch brim -
Picture26.jpg

Picture27.jpg

Picture28.jpg

Picture33.jpg

the 'Cutter Bill Beaver 50' logo, if you can see the small print -
Picture29.jpg

the store logo -
Picture30.jpg

Picture31.jpg

the liner is stitched in -
Picture32.jpg

I hope someone will help me put a time-frame on this Resistol. The quarter-horse 'Cutter Bill' was at his peak in about 1962, and the owner Rex Cauble would have opened the 'Cutter Bill Western World' by mid-60's (1965?). I'm trying to figure out where this Beaver 50 might have fit into the Resistol lineup. It is tempting to think that it was the same niche as the Stetson 7X $50 hat; top shelf 100% beaver felt, but we get that information from catalogs in the 1950's - this hat was a decade 'n half to two decades later, and Beaver 50 at that time might have been more equivalent to Stetson 20 (Sovereign) or Beaver 25 from the 1950's, which was a step (or more) down from a 7X. Maybe someone from Houston, or a Resistol officianado will help us out?

Last edited:

Canadian Cowboy

One of the Regulars
Here is the 2nd western, won for the stunning price of only $12.84, $23 delivered - the listing - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...in2MUUQ%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT
a Resistol 'Cutter Bill' Beaver 50 in silver belly sold at Cutter Bill Western World in Houston, 3 inch brim -
Picture26.jpg

Picture27.jpg

Picture28.jpg

Picture33.jpg

the 'Cutter Bill Beaver 50' logo, if you can see the small print -
Picture29.jpg

the store logo -
Picture30.jpg

Picture31.jpg

the liner is stitched in -
Picture32.jpg

I hope someone will help me put a time-frame on this Resistol. The quarter-horse 'Cutter Bill' was at his peak in about 1962, and the owner Rex Cauble would have opened the 'Cutter Bill Western World' by mid-60's (1965?). I'm trying to figure out where this Beaver 50 might have fit into the Resistol lineup. It is tempting to think that it was the same niche as the Stetson 7X $50 hat; top shelf 100% beaver felt, but we get that information from catalogs in the 1950's - this hat was a decade 'n half to two decades later, and Beaver 50 at that time might have been more equivalent to Stetson 20 (Sovereign) or Beaver 25 from the 1950's, which was a step (or more) down from a 7X. Maybe someone from Houston, or a Resistol officianado will help us out?

Good find,It is a very nice lid!
CC

mflemming

One of the Regulars
I'm not completely sure about the Rancher style, but I couldn't pass on a 7x in that condition. If the style doesn't work for me I'll take it over to Optimo and have it re-done in an Open Road style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007