Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up

GClark

One of the Regulars
Renovated Open Road

I won this last week

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190351261854

and it arrived yesterday.

It was billed as a 1950s Stetson Open Road.
2 5/8" brim, 4 3/4 inch crown height (shaped).

OpenRoad1.jpg

OpenRoad13.jpg

The sweatband has been completely replaced, and the hat has been cleaned. The sweatband is not afixed as firmly as I'm used to. It seems to stay in place just fine, but is sewn in without being attached firmly as is usual. Any opinions on this (see small photo below)?

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

In any case it fits perfectly, and since it has been renovated, it is ready to go...
IMG_0466.jpg

billysmom

One Too Many
GClark said:
I won this last week

The sweatband has been completely replaced, and the hat has been cleaned. The sweatband is not afixed as firmly as I'm used to. It seems to stay in place just fine, but is sewn in without being attached firmly as is usual. Any opinions on this (see small photo below)?

In any case it fits perfectly, and since it has been renovated, it is ready to go...
IMG_0466.jpg

I really like the ribbon on that one. Looks good on you!

Sue

GClark

One of the Regulars
billysmom said:
I really like the ribbon on that one. Looks good on you!

Sue
Thanks Sue - the ribbon might look two tone, but it is just the wind cord showing below the ribbon. I like the way it looks though, so I did not try to tuck it in...

texashatman

Familiar Face
Ephraim Tutt said:
I seriously doubt we could drive this price higher...

I am kind of a ranching history enthusiast and no ranch in Texas ever reached to Wyoming. The closest thing to that would have been the XIT which stood for 10 in Texas because it covered 10 counties in the Texas panhandle. It's a cool hat but I'd be interested to know the real story on the band's marking.

billysmom said:
That hat was just waiting for you!!!

Sue
Thanks Sue & guys above. I did take it out of the box, brush real good, set it on my noggin with a quick dry diamond crease. It fits like a custom! I feel like I got a johnnyphi NOS deal in my size & shape! I have coveted Rusty's & IndyCop's Penney Marathons but have always been a Sears & Roebuck type of guy! :D
Stay tuned...

Mr. Paladin said:
That is a beauty, gtd. Pics soon to come?

Did you ever get that Roadmaster you had ordered?
Thanks Mr P.
Yep, the Roadmaster came in & I have it queued up to get photos as well.
I've got 1 more trophy that I landed out of the Bay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230401512255&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
that I was hoping to arrive so I could do all at once...
If this one turns out as I hope, it may have just avoided or at least prolonged my ordering another VS Custom.... Sorry Art! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken