Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Playboy-ish Royal Deluxe Stetson

!Bfvpff!BWk~$(KGrHqMH-EMErfRkEMdNBLCddhEpvw~~_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380180713644#ht_500wt_1182
Other than lack of liner and room for improvement by a C & B what is so bad that this only went for $26.00?

Ephraim Tutt said:
Might have as much to do with the fact that it's now felt hat season up there in the northern hemisphere.

True, dat. And holiday gift-giving season as well.

It's certainly the case that straws sell a heck of a lot better in warm weather.

icemanxxxv

Familiar Face
4 a Penny!

I won this cap on eBay for 1 penny bid plus 5.95 shipping.

Its a Shandon Donegal Tweed Woven in Ireland. It has 1 small defect. Maybe a burn mark or a moth hole not sure, anyways it hardley noticeable. For a penny Well worth it it's my first eBay hat score.

brushes3003-1.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
$12.50 BIN on ebay

Soft, fuzzy, floppy 1950's (?) Lee. One of the most pleasant-feeling felts I've...felt. Some moth-tracking, $10 price tag under sweat:

LeeSide.jpg

LeeFront.jpg

LeeInside.jpg

LeeSweatseam.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
Soft, fuzzy, floppy 1950's (?) Lee. One of the most pleasant-feeling felts I've...felt. Some moth-tracking, $10 price tag under sweat:

LeeSide.jpg

LeeFront.jpg

LeeInside.jpg

LeeSweatseam.jpg

Very nice ScottF!!! :eusa_clap

That fuzzy felt helps with fixing moth bites. Use the pin remedy on them.

B

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
My second Crofut & Knapp hat, and my first top hat:

Kanpp-Felt Top Hat
TopHat.jpg

Looks to be in okay shape, other than the brim binding. From the few auction photos, it looks like it might be pre-1900, but I'll know more when I get my hands on it. The sweat leather looks more like a 19th century style, but maybe circa 1900 and they used a different textured leather for their toppers than for their derbies. Too bad it's not my size.

I find it interesting that both of my Knapp-Felt hats are made from Clear Argentine Nutria.

I'll post it in the Topper thread and the C&K thread for review.

Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken