Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
billysmom said:
I was the only bidder on this Shudde Bros hat.

Shudde1.jpg
We'll see what comes in the mail ....

Sue

If it had been my size, I wouldn't have thought twice about bidding $100 for that hat.

billysmom

One Too Many
Mario said:
Sweet! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

That one slipped me somehow...

Well, if it turns out to be a motheaten wreck I'll still have a nice box! As an aside, the cuttin' horse folks are in town for a couple of weeks for their annual Futurity. Now, there's a group that dresses Western with class!

SMS

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
billysmom said:
I was the only bidder on this Shudde Bros hat.

The listing:

STETSON BOX IN VERY GOOD CONDITION. DOES HAVE A "SHADOWY" AREA ON LID. STRAP IN GOOD SHAPE. INTERIOR IS PERFECT... INSIDE THE LID THERE IS FADED SPOT THAT MATCHES THE HAT, AS TO BE EXPECTED WITH AGE.

HAT ITSELF LOOKS TO NEVER HAVE BEEN WORN. BAND STATES "SHUDDE BROS HOUSTON" ....."PURE BEAVER" AND THE LETTERS 'R A MC C" "6 7-8" TAG

BRIM. 3.25" RIBBON BAND

INSIDE IT SAYS "CUSTOM MADE BY SHUDDE BROS."

We'll see what comes in the mail ....

Sue

I need to get on e-Bay some more; then you won't be left all alone to bid on a beuaty like that! Though I don't bid on them much, I can often wear a 6 7/8.....:D I would have gladly made an exception for that exceptional hat. Congratulations, its a real find!

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Torpedo said:
I have a Whippet with an about 2'' brim. It does look genuine, at least the binding looks like the one we are used to see in this particular model; so if it is a period alteration, it was well done.

That in the auction has no binding, though, so I would say this is an alteration surely?

Indeed, Torp. It was the lack of binding that lead me to think that the brim had been altered. I have yet to see or hear of a factory Whippet without binding regardless of brim size.

suitedcboy

One Too Many
"As an aside, the cuttin' horse folks are in town for a couple of weeks for their annual Futurity. Now, there's a group that dresses Western with class!"

I attended the second round cutting this evening and there were plenty of hatted heads there. There are a lot of beaver dams missing their beavers to make all those hats. I don't think any sheep were harmed though....

Can those cutting horses ever dance!!!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
jonbuilder said:
Good score Jimmy, I look forward to seing more of the hat when you recieve it

Much appreciated, Jon -- I'll be sure to post photos. This is my first Disney, so I'm looking forward to it.

(And, thanks, as well, gtdean!)

Cheers,
JtL

feltfan said:

Is this an indication that consumer confidence is on the upswing? That ending price is more in keeping for what a hat of that quality, in that size, ought to fetch, at least in comparison to what they were going for a few months back. But even at that price -- 142 bucks and change -- it's a bargain.

Quapaw

New in Town
Picked up this Akubra Squatter..

Looks brown indoors and olive in the daylight. A quick bash, left the brim fairly straight and I should be good to go for the NorCal rainy season.
Squattersidebrown.jpg

Squatterside.jpg

Squattertop.jpg

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
tonyb said:
Is this an indication that consumer confidence is on the upswing? That ending price is more in keeping for what a hat of that quality, in that size, ought to fetch, at least in comparison to what they were going for a few months back. But even at that price -- 142 bucks and change -- it's a bargain.

Might have as much to do with the fact that it's now felt hat season up there in the northern hemisphere.

Midwest Boater

One of the Regulars
Disney

wow i was bidding against JTL im honored it looks like one great hat , its really a half size too big for me but i was gonna try to stuff the sweatband im glad it found a more suitable home than i would have been able to give it
iqh5hz.jpg

oh and congratulations jimmy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken