Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Blah, blah, blah...!

Tired of all of these posts by you teeny-weeny pin-heads! Give us some big melon sized lids to drool over!

(You think you can get your itty-bitty munchkin-heads around that concept, huh, do ya?) :p

m000m000

One of the Regulars
That seller also had another nice looking hat, I was watching but didn't bid because I was saving my pennies for the shoot at that billion dollar Knox posted above.

Anyone ever heard of Snugfelt before?

snug1.JPG

babs

A-List Customer
Yeah I saw that one too. Sharp! If I were able to wear a 7 1/4 with confidence I would have considered the "obscure-name" risk. Looks like a sharp hat. Beautiful color and naturally the wider brim fetched a good price, name-regardless.

Zemke Fan.. 7 3/8 is "teeny weenie"?? :) What kinda noggin are you toting around there? Wow. I did meet a size 8 !!!!! at the office the other day though. That fellow was 6'7" tall if he's a foot. Big ole fella. Was telling me about a size 8 Borsolino he had re-blocked at Worth & Worth for his whopper melon. :) Poor guy.. I know he spent some coin on that lid. Can't wait to see it.

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Big ole melon-head on this 6-4 dudarino...

babs said:
Zemke Fan.. 7 3/8 is "teeny weenie"?? :) What kinda noggin are you toting around there? Wow. I did meet a size 8 !!!!! at the office the other day though. That fellow was 6'7" tall if he's a foot. Big ole fella. Was telling me about a size 8 Borsolino he had re-blocked at Worth & Worth for his whopper melon. :) Poor guy.. I know he spent some coin on that lid. Can't wait to see it.
Well, I'm 24.5 in which nudges me closer to a 7-7/8 than a 7-3/4. Have purchased three decent (stingy brim) vintage lids that Art has resized to my size. I've got a chocolate brown custom VS coming to me for Christmas (or so I've been led to believe!) ;)

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Oh, and BTW, Babs...

Terapeak shows this data for vintage + fedora + 7 3/8 in last 90 days:
- 232 listings
- 81.03% sell through
- 209 of those listings went for $100 or less

AND:
vintage + fedora + 7 3/4 in last 90 days:
- 13 listings
- 84.62% sell through
- Half of those hats I either bought, sold, or had in my hands and returned.

Quite a bit of difference, no?? ;)

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Selvaggio said:
That is an Australian Lighthorseman's (mounted infantry) hat - the plumage is from an emu. Lighthorsemen fought during the Boer and First World Wars.

Very attractive hat. I planned to bid on it, but forgot.

Torpedo

One Too Many
I have a Whippet with an about 2'' brim. It does look genuine, at least the binding looks like the one we are used to see in this particular model; so if it is a period alteration, it was well done.

That in the auction has no binding, though, so I would say this is an alteration surely?

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Bad luck, continued

Just lost on this gorgeous Playboy Jonbuilder sold on the 'Bay. I had to go to hospital this morning and on the way back the ambulance got stuck in the traffic, causing me to arrive five minutes late. What's even worse: I forgot to set up a sniper before I left...stupid me. I guess I was a little bit too nervous. :( *sigh*

I really love the tall, straight sided crown on this hat...

!BbbqfmgBGk~$(KGrHqIH-D4EquQtzigZBKv-9GvKog~~_3.JPG

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Mario said:
Just lost on this gorgeous Playboy Jonbuilder sold on the 'Bay. I had to go to hospital this morning and on the way back the ambulance got stuck in the traffic, causing me to arrive five minutes late. What's even worse: I forgot to set up a sniper before I left...stupid me. I guess I was a little bit too nervous. :( *sigh*

How unfortunate! We could have founded the Playboy Germany Society lol

Well, there will be another one, for sure.

Hope it was nothing serious to cause you seeing the doctor.

Hoosierken

New in Town
Won this one... but any good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220511313026&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Hopefully I did this right...forgive my newness.
I bid early in this auction then forgot about it. I didn't think the low bid would win it anyway.

I'm still learning quite a bit on these hats.
What do I really have here? I know the 3X means that it has a small amount of beaver fur only.
I meant to ask the exact size, forgot that too...Been out of the office a lot lately. I figure I'll know someone to take it if it is not wearable.
Any opinions from the lid experts?

Thanks
Ken

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Dreispitz said:
How unfortunate! We could have founded the Playboy Germany Society lol

Well, there will be another one, for sure.

Hope it was nothing serious to cause you seeing the doctor.

You meant to write 'The German Playboy Society', right? Note the difference! :D

I'm well, thank you. Had to undergo a knee surgery today, as I tore my meniscus a few month ago. Today was the day. :eek: I'm a bit slow at the moment, moving around with crutches, but that's only for a week or so.

Mario said:
I'm well, thank you. Had to undergo a knee surgery today, as I tore my meniscus a few month ago. Today was the day. :eek: I'm a bit slow at the moment, moving around with crutches, but that's only for a week or so.

Good to hear the surgery went ok. To a speedy recovery!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Mario said:

Mario, I'm guessing your brims require a bit more than just a single row of stitching, but I still am giving you a virtual whap upside the noggin for letting that beauty go for $56 - that's an old one and very, very nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken