Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Mr. Paladin said:
Thanks Jimmy! I am beaming a bit over that one. I will definitely get lots of photos in the Shady Oak thread. Amon Carter (and his hat) is still an icon around these parts and I really wanted to snag one of them when I had the chance. Thank you for the bit of history on it as well. I'll try to make sure to get good close-ups of everything.

Super! It found the best possible home! Looking forward to seeing it in action! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

buler

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
Mr. P - what a great score! :eusa_clap While I do like the Open Road I'm not particulary fond of the cattleman (which can be remedied of course :D), but that Royal Scot is a killer! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

!Bf9YirwCGk~$(KGrHqIOKjQEry)gYb6dBLDW12d+)g~~_12.JPG

If that Royal Scot is anything like the one I got you will be very happy with it Mr P. The felt on mine is really nice. Only the 3rd Royal Scot I've seen.

B

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks guys! (Mario, Mayserwegener, and buler) I could not find anything about the Royal Scot and I had only seen one other one. I hope they ship these in iron boxes; I'll pay extra just not to have them arrive crushed in the Christmas shipping rush. They are too nice for crush creases!

buler, does yours have a similar crease and crown shape? I think it looks classy in the photos.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
Thanks guys! (Mario, Mayserwegener, and buler) I could not find anything about the Royal Scot and I had only seen one other one. I hope they ship these in iron boxes; I'll pay extra just not to have them arrive crushed in the Christmas shipping rush. They are too nice for crush creases!

buler, does yours have a similar crease and crown shape? I think it looks classy in the photos.

Mine was a very filthy beat up 6 7/8 when I found it. I cleaned it and reblocked it. Also made an attempt to do a ribbon. See it here in this thread:
RoyalScot

After steaming it the felt really came alive. Still need to get a sweatband in it.

B

m000m000

One of the Regulars
jamespowers said:
Ok, it is a 7 5/8 beaver top hat but seriously---$2,000?! :eek: :eusa_doh: :rolleyes:
I don't think we are going to bump this sucker up to $4,000.:rolleyes:
Large size, but low crown, almost no taper, no silk, and an inane price [huh]

Then again, as the saying goes around here, The fool is not the one that sets the price, but the one who actually pays it :D.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
buler said:
Mine was a very filthy beat up 6 7/8 when I found it. I cleaned it and reblocked it. Also made an attempt to do a ribbon. See it here in this thread:
RoyalScot

After steaming it the felt really came alive. Still need to get a sweatband in it.

B

Thanks for sending that buler. Very imaginitive work with that ribbon and good reblock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken