Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
a few that ended tonight

Fantastic 7 1/4 Mallory homburg (click the link for photos)

size 7 Cavanagh panama
!BOZZObQ!2k~$(KGrHgoOKkUEjlLmVpKoBJubW1Vrsg~~_12.JPG
527b_12.JPG

5479_12.JPG
!BOZZW2QBmk~$(KGrHgoOKjsEjlLmVqugBJub(cMJb!~~_12.JPG

mothy Mallory OR clone
239514173_tp.jpg
239514097_tp.jpg

Tango On

New in Town
re the Cavanagh panama posted by Lefty

Hello All
This is my first post and I want to say damm you guys:) I have never been a hat guy. Wore a cover in the Corps back in the 60's because I had too. Bought an Akruba Cattleman back in the 70's in my "goat roping" days and wore it on safari and elk hunts. Recently I decided I should have a panama as I am getting old and have had a few basil meso's (non-malignant) from that cigar,mojito, sun bake thing so I read a few sites starting with the first one I found-BBB. Got hooked. Found this site, got the hook in deeper. Now, I HAVE TO HAVE A HAT! So, in the last week I been looking for vintage hats and acquired a mint Knox and mint Cavanagh fedoras-looks like 60's (from what I have learned here-thank you) and bid on that Cav panama. I hope it is a 7 as stated because I asked the seller to measure and she said 21.5 two sizes smaller than a 7. But what the heck. I tried measuring the inside of my Akruba and came up with different numbers each time so I hope seller had the same problem and it is a 7. Anyway too long a post but I do need to blame someone. My wife is starting to worry but I also learned here-never tell them how much you spent. Thank you all for the great info.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Sorry about the mis-post JT. If you can fix the nibs, that will be a heck of a hat, especially for under $10.

Tango On - that Cav is great. At a size 7, you'll be cleaning up on the best hats for the lowest prices. Keep an eye on the classifieds section. Garrett is always posting tiny hats, and you won't have to worry about undisclosed issues. Welcome to the Lounge.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Either way it went, the price of this Playboy was going to make me wonder. If the price was low, I'd wonder how all of these playboys seem to be going for peanuts, especially considering the larges sizes that are selling. They're normally pretty hard to come by, and they're very nice hats. If the price was high, I'd wonder why the other playboys went for so little and this one warranted a high price, especially being that it's probably the latest model I've seen.

In the end, it went for $86 - about $70 less than I would expect.
239999724_tp.jpg
240000066_tp.jpg

240000217_tp.jpg
240000262_tp.jpg

Jabos

A-List Customer
I would have thought more on the Playboy, so I didn't even watch the bidding. I might have been tempted at that price. [huh] But, could it be the two inch brim that kept it lower-a bit stingyish? Or are all Playboy's with a two inch brim? I don't know that much about them yet.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Bob Smalser said:
I bid and lost. There were only two bidders. It looks to be a Size 7 1/4, too.

One more seller playing Hide the Hat. This one was listed under Ladies Hats 1947-64.

Very nice hat, but at 22", you can take solace in hoping it would have been too small. Greetings to another Washingtonian.

Jabos

A-List Customer
Tango Yankee said:
^^It was the two inch brim that kept me from bidding on it. I have a hard time pulling off wearing two inch brims or narrower.

I've noticed that you must be my size-bad news for me. I'll have to bring some "big guns" to an Ebay duel with you or I'm probably gonna go down. But, what else would one expect from someone with as many ribbons on their uniform as you (I've noticed the pic on the wall in the background-very impressive).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saundersdavid