Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

carter

I'll Lock Up
Some interesting items sold in the last couple of days

7 1/2 Flechet for $25.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=280322318385
11b5_1.JPG

7 5/8 Portis for $80.99
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180335827075
239484755_tp.jpg

Vintage newsboy cap for $28.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220375971401
0e0f_1.JPG

Royal Deluxe Stetson for $65.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=120390523533
!BOS3Vzg!mk~$(KGrHgoOKiMEjlLmVzhzBJt95hnuU!~~_1.JPG

7 3/8 Lee Spartan for $41.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=130292400704
64.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Was it the fit that caused you to sell the (near) perfect 7 5/8 for the fuzzily photographed 7 3/8?

I'm curious about this one - is the liner missing, or was this one without a liner?

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
The black Playboy was two sizes too large. I foamed it out, but two sizes is too noticeable. This 3/8's Playboy is older than the black one, reeded vs non-reeded sweatbands. I hope it never had a liner, but I know only what the auction shows. I had no plans to bid on this hat, but since no one else seemed interested, I through out a mild bid. Time will tell how I did.

billyspew

One Too Many
I was bidding... but I had to factor in extra shipping and import tax :(

I thought it might be the playboy that had no lining, but a logo on the crown, did ask the seller but they didn't get back to me.

You're a lucky man... I do want one of the older Playboys (does that sound wrong to anyone else?)
carouselvic said:
The black Playboy was two sizes too large. I foamed it out, but two sizes is too noticeable. This 3/8's Playboy is older than the black one, reeded vs non-reeded sweatbands. I hope it never had a liner, but I know only what the auction shows. I had no plans to bid on this hat, but since no one else seemed interested, I through out a mild bid. Time will tell how I did.

carter

I'll Lock Up
carouselvic said:
I was watching that one just in case I didn't win yours. I'm thrilled to have one that won't need to be resized. :)

jec

One of the Regulars
carouselvic said:

I had a sniped bid on that one, too. Enjoy it.

DoctorJ

Familiar Face
The Berg

Lefty said:
The Berg seemed reasonable (because the name isn't as popular), but whoever took Vic's Playboy for $83 - around $75 with the 10% off coupon they gave out today - just got a heck of a deal.

I am the new owner of the afore mentioned Berg. I'm glad to hear that the price was at least reasonable- with the whole internet at my disposal, I still could not find very much useful information about Berg hats, and obviously I couldn't ask anyone here while the auction was was still going on. Yet it was that mystery that made it all the more compelling.

So... can anyone tell me more about this hat that I am eagerly awaiting?

!BOOdZtQBGk~$(KGrHgoH-CwEjlLl)G!HBJtn1dCmIQ~~_2.JPG

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
jimmy the lid said:
Just to follow-up on this one...

Brad Bowers was absolutely right -- this lid is a Homburg with a revamped brim. Bummer. Since I would never think of doing this to a Homburg to begin with, I really didn't study the brim in the auction photos from this perspective. Lesson learned. Despite the Seller's claim that the hat was in "excellent" condition -- it, in fact, was quite dirty and the leather on the sweat had a tear of several inches down one side.

But, apparently, the hat gods were smiling. While the auction claimed the size of the hat to be 7 3/8, it was actually 7 1/8. So, it has been returned and all monies have been refunded. Dodged a bullet on that one...Whew! :eusa_doh: [huh] :eek:

Cheers,
JtL

Lucky for two of us, Jimmy. I was second-high bid on that hat. I rejected the second-chance offer because of it being a re-done Homburg. Hope Number Three reads your post . . .:eusa_doh:

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Gilgamark said:
Lucky for two of us, Jimmy. I was second-high bid on that hat. I rejected the second-chance offer because of it being a re-done Homburg. Hope Number Three reads your post . . .:eusa_doh:

:cheers1:

DoctorJ

Familiar Face
My new Wormser

Wormser1.jpg
[/IMG]
Wormser2.jpg
[/IMG]

Here is a Wormser "Diplomat" that I won last week. The yellow marks in the lining are weird shadows, not stains; I can't tell that it's ever been worn.

$22 plus shipping.!!

Seller claims 1930's...could this be? No matter; I love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg