Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bush Jackets

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I dont like them

To each their own, of course. I must confess that, for a long time, my beaten-up safari jacket was pretty much my signature item of clothing. Usually with jeans and a normal shirt. Worn rakishly. (I kind of had a rule: only one item of khaki clothing at a time.) But I certainly had a closet full of khaki clothing with lots of pockets. Lord, how I loved the ORIGINAL “Banana Republic” stores before they sold out. Why Did I lean In the safari clothing direction? Maybe To make a statement that, in reality, I was interested in far more than the suburban student/minimum-wage existence that was my lot. I’m sure that I was trying to convey that —despite my geeky circumstances— I was into travel and adventure and intrigue and the golden era and land rovers and Hemingway and Bogart and far horizons. Was it a role play costume? I suppose it was. But everyone puts on a costume every day, saying a wide variety of things. And in my case my life eventually grew into the costume, at least to a small degree (which was enough for me.) So, yes, it was a costume. Perhaps even a silly one. But that old safari jacket also helped buoy me up at times.

Ha ha. I’ve succeeded in giving that old bush jacket more importance than maybe it deserves. :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philheaton