Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso dark seal Liberty horse

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I wrote a comment which I deleted earlier, but to be fair to them, I think a lot of BK's approach is tongue in cheek and slightly humor laced. Negativity aside, I think of them as guys simply genuinely enthusiastic about their jackets, and jackets/militaria in general, but in their enthusiasm they take sarcasm/humor up to unprecedented levels. At the end of the day, I really do believe they mean well, having corresponded with them and owned a few jackets from them.

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
Well, just a quick update. BK offered the 50% discount on anyone offended. Being that I started this thread, asking for ideas on colour etc, then it all exploded. I was embarrassed that it turned out he was reading my posts which were all quite innocent. The rhubarb, and over the top nonsense was stunning.Then the facebook carry on and offer of 50% discount for anyone offended by the faggots/ Je suits catastrophe. So, I took him up. Sent an email saying I was pretty offended and embarrassed about the whole picnic. Well, a few days later I recieved an email, a full page actually. Laced with sarcasm and smart ass comments, asking the exact moment I was offended etc etc... WhAt a bunch of morons. I started this thread, and never got envolved or contributed when it got seedy. I've never experienced anything like this. Actually, I have. Lawless denim are also a sick joke. Anyway. I've had a gutful. As far as I am concerned, BK is a mismanaged joke. I have left some feedback on the fb page, let's see if they really do t delete any comments? Wankers.

I too took them up on the 50% offer....aeronaut a1,,,,needless to say it all went silent..no surprise there then...

I've been dreaming of a BK jacket for awhile, and as I mentioned before- Andy has come through for me on two occasions which I'm thankful for. But now I think I'm gonna hold off. This whole thing is very messy, and I don't support it.
I wish they would just go back to making great looking jackets, communicate directly with their customers, and lay off the public rhetoric. Deleting all the garbage would be a good start.
Eventually this will fade if they can keep quiet.
Or, perhaps this is the best thing ever for their marketing team. Who really knows.
I only speak for myself.

Otter

One Too Many
You should tell them you were offended by the initial comments of Roscoe and then by the condescending email.

These guys really need someone to manage their public persona. You don't make offers then refuse to make good on them.

Last edited:

thor

Call Me a Cab
With all the public relations/potential sales coming via the internet, imagine how BK could benefit if they had a dedicated, full-time rep (like ELC does through their US rep, Charles DiSipio, for example). Someone to answer general questions like sizing and options and leather choices. Someone who has a background in public relations and/or customer service. I know they may be a small operation production-wise, but with the costs of premier bespoke leather jackets these days, it would be a huge benefit to hire someone who only deals with e-mails and company publicity.

What BK really needs is a trained practical businesslike mindset that doesn't jump back and forth with added foolishness that only takes away from their otherwise fine jackets. However..it looks as though they have absolutely no concept of what that should entail. No inkling of why they come across as so misunderstood and therefore remain in an always defensive position.
They also had no idea of how to manage a sponsored thread here as Insurrection or HPA do...or insert helpful BK information in jacket threads without pompous self aggrandizing over sell.
BK had a US rep on the VLJ forum who listed his workplace as Chicago..but followed the same routine. He is no longer there.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You would think the fact that both of their reps here and on VLJ being banned from their respective forums would make them stop and think about how they are conducting themsevles for a second..... I just don't get it

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
You should tell them you were offended by the initial comments of Roscoe and then by the condescending email.

These guys really need someone to manage their public persona. You don't make offers then refuse to make good on them.
Otter, I've started a thread called occupations, you should check it out.
BK.... What a joke, Ive been juggling Lawless denim and Bk....anyway....two class acts.....

zhz

Practically Family
Otter, I've started a thread called occupations, you should check it out.
BK.... What a joke, Ive been juggling Lawless denim and Bk....anyway....two class acts.....

Easy mate, from what I know, BK is on holiday from last Thursday, but they should get back to business today. I think you should drop them another email today.
Of course, forget what I said if you feel BK is just a joke and dont want to deal with them any more

Today's gem from BK. You can't make up this sort of thing...

"Mister Evenden, why do you forget to say that you tried to extort the discount and blackmailed us that you would cancel your previous order if you didn’t get it? Why don’t you say that you were the last person that could be offended as the swearing was not even addressed at you, and yet you tried to take advantage of the offer? What did you think? That this was a jacket giveaway? No sir, this was an offer for the genuinely offended. When we asked you which comments exactly offended you, you didn’t even know the answer. For your information, the offer was REAL and several folks got it. Unlike you, they asked nicely. Before we even denied to give you the offer you started slandering us online in more than one places. That’s the kind of guy you are. We answered 2 days later because it was the weekend. We never ridiculed you, we only gave you sound advice repeatedly, but you don’t listen. You choose to believe and behave like others who are still too dumb to understand that slandering us isn’t their best interest. Unfortunately, you are nothing but a pitiful liar. Your obscene and despicable behavior is only worthy of puke. You are a dishonest, honorless and pathetic sad sack. I rarely if ever use such descriptions but you deserve them 100%. If you think you can come here to extort and threaten us, this is the only reply you ‘re gonna get"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0Pql1sgM04

zhz

Practically Family
Today's gem from BK. You can't make up this sort of thing...

"Mister Evenden, why do you forget to say that you tried to extort the discount and blackmailed us that you would cancel your previous order if you didn’t get it? Why don’t you say that you were the last person that could be offended as the swearing was not even addressed at you, and yet you tried to take advantage of the offer? What did you think? That this was a jacket giveaway? No sir, this was an offer for the genuinely offended. When we asked you which comments exactly offended you, you didn’t even know the answer. For your information, the offer was REAL and several folks got it. Unlike you, they asked nicely. Before we even denied to give you the offer you started slandering us online in more than one places. That’s the kind of guy you are. We answered 2 days later because it was the weekend. We never ridiculed you, we only gave you sound advice repeatedly, but you don’t listen. You choose to believe and behave like others who are still too dumb to understand that slandering us isn’t their best interest. Unfortunately, you are nothing but a pitiful liar. Your obscene and despicable behavior is only worthy of puke. You are a dishonest, honorless and pathetic sad sack. I rarely if ever use such descriptions but you deserve them 100%. If you think you can come here to extort and threaten us, this is the only reply you ‘re gonna get"

WOW, can't believe they actually say things like this...may I ask what did you write to them to trigger this response?

But on the other side, I think it is fine for BK to ask the people who claim the offended offer that how they been offended, just reply to them how and why you've been offended, is it a hard thing to do? If I am going to offer this kind of offer, I would like to see the evidence before I give the offer since this is offer is not for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe