Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso dark seal Liberty horse

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-1

One Too Many
Dear gentlemen,
I’m in Zurich now and yesterday I visited VMC. I don’t know if you are familiar with this shop but if you have the chance to go there, it’s the most incredible store I’ve ever seen! For the first time I saw the Himel Heron and a lot of Real McCoys jackets including an A-1, which was my first dream of a jacket (,hence the name). They also have dozens of AEROs, in all sizes, ah man, just when I think about the store again...

Reason for my writing, I just want to express how happy I am with my Aeronaut. As it’s custom, of course the fit was way better than on the other jackets. I know, unfair comparison. However, the workmanship and leather can keep up with the Himel and RMC, seen with amateur eyes.

I’ll post some photos of the worn russet leather in the next days.

I'm not that far from Zurich. Might hop on the bike one of these days and pay them a visit. Though I fear how much will this road trip cost me...

ausreenactor

One of the Regulars
I flew half way across the world to visit WWII Impressions. As a WWII buff it was like being in a strip club where the strippers are free (even though the gear was not). Jacket junkies in the UK and USA are blessed with vendors at events and shows. Tried for years to get Defence to fund a visit. Still working on it..

pawineguy

One Too Many
Apparently @superfluous not liking BK leather is akin to a terrorist massacre - I think we should all take this as a sign to just leave those guys alone, it's clearly a cry for help.

11080531_965516026812022_741499668843358672_o.jpg

Edit: This is not my photo, he posted it to his FB page. I am actually a sometimes fan of tasteless humor, not sure which way I'm leaning yet on this one.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Good god. Andy F, you're almost certainly reading this, take a hint: when you're in a hole, stop digging. Don't reach for a pick.

Plumbline

One Too Many
If it fits with his view re. free speech ... and fits with how he feels .... then good on him ( I don't think he's likening anything to a terrorist massacre .. more a challenge re. free speech) .... and I don't find it tasteless at all, I think it's a little bit witty TBH

I have to say Mary Whitehouse had nothing on some of the superficial puritanical views I've seen reflected regarding BK and the postings on their FB account .... live and let live, if you don't like it, or it offends you, stop reading it ... simple :D

this whole ..

"You'll never guess what he's / they've posted now"

thing is just .................... revealing !

pawineguy

One Too Many
If it fits with his view re. free speech ... and fits with how he feels .... then good on him ( I don't think he's likening anything to a terrorist massacre .. more a challenge re. free speech) .... and I don't find it tasteless at all, I think it's a little bit witty TBH

I have to say Mary Whitehouse had nothing on some of the superficial puritanical views I've seen reflected regarding BK and the postings on their FB account .... live and let live, if you don't like it, or it offends you, stop reading it ... simple :D

this whole ..

"You'll never guess what he's / they've posted now"

thing is just .................... revealing !

Yes, considered me revealed! It'll be equally revealing as to who'll step up to defend something this ridiculous.

Yeah..well,plumb..your repetitious always 'oh well' attitude of attempting to set yourself above the more normal reaction to just plain wacko or even underhanded business practices is also...revealing ! As if none of this abnormal behavior should be revealed or discussed (as it worsens)...yet 'fan boys' should be exposed by name so that abhorrent conduct of malicious jacket maker favor can be under discussion at your discretion...with you exempting yourself,of course. Perhaps you should re-examine just who actually most often portrays the 'holier than thou' posts. Comes across as "everyone in the room is wrong but ME" [huh]

pawineguy

One Too Many
I agree, and yet I suspect I still know more than BK does... :D

:eusa_clap I have never seen a company in any hobby that I've been involved in take such an unbelievable nosedive, especially considering that they have made some really great looking jackets. If they could just get out of their own way they'd do a hell of a lot more business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bvanv