Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso dark seal Liberty horse

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawineguy

One Too Many
WOW, can't believe they actually say things like this...may I ask what did you write to them to trigger this response?

But on the other side, I think it is fine for BK to ask the people who claim the offended offer that how they been offended, just reply to them how and why you've been offended, is it a hard thing to do? If I am going to offer this kind of offer, I would like to see the evidence before I give the offer since this is offer is not for everyone.

Keep in mind that this all started with them not being able to fulfill an order that they accepted from @bunyip. He's not someone who just complained for no reason, he ordered something and because they (for some reason) cannot keep their leather in stock, told him they couldn't make the jacket. He then asked for opinions on the leather that they did have in stock and offered to him. If there was anyone they should have offered the 50% off to, it's him. He shouldn't have had to "cancel" his other order, it was BK who admitted that they couldn't deliver the jacket he wanted.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
It's absolutely positively ridiculous that they would try to qualify that absolutely positively ridiculous offer. If I had put down a nickel more than 50% off on a jacket then saw that offer I'd consider myself qualified for the offer on grounds that I was offended that I had to pay more. What a train wreck

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It's absolutely positively ridiculous that they would try to qualify that absolutely positively ridiculous offer. If I had put down a nickel more than 50% off on a jacket then saw that offer I'd consider myself qualified for the offer on grounds that I was offended that I had to pay more. What a train wreck

Stunning stuff. Really weird behaviour. I get cranked if I buy a CD full price and then see it at half-price six months down the line. If I paid £700+ for a jacket and then saw BK offering a 50 per cent discount because of their own social ineptitude, I'd be pretty ******!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I don't recall ever seeing a businessman shoot himself in the foot quite like this. :eeek:

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Today's gem from BK. You can't make up this sort of thing...

". . . . Your obscene and despicable behavior is only worthy of puke. You are a dishonest, honorless and pathetic sad sack. . . ."

diss-yo%20mama717.png

A-1

One Too Many
Today's gem from BK. You can't make up this sort of thing...

"Mister Evenden, why do you forget to say that you tried to extort the discount and blackmailed us that you would cancel your previous order if you didn’t get it? Why don’t you say that you were the last person that could be offended as the swearing was not even addressed at you, and yet you tried to take advantage of the offer? What did you think? That this was a jacket giveaway? No sir, this was an offer for the genuinely offended. When we asked you which comments exactly offended you, you didn’t even know the answer. For your information, the offer was REAL and several folks got it. Unlike you, they asked nicely. Before we even denied to give you the offer you started slandering us online in more than one places. That’s the kind of guy you are. We answered 2 days later because it was the weekend. We never ridiculed you, we only gave you sound advice repeatedly, but you don’t listen. You choose to believe and behave like others who are still too dumb to understand that slandering us isn’t their best interest. Unfortunately, you are nothing but a pitiful liar. Your obscene and despicable behavior is only worthy of puke. You are a dishonest, honorless and pathetic sad sack. I rarely if ever use such descriptions but you deserve them 100%. If you think you can come here to extort and threaten us, this is the only reply you ‘re gonna get"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0Pql1sgM04

I’m out already! Closed the thread on my BK jacket as it was free advertisement for a company I don’t wanna support anymore. This statement however, makes me wanna give my jacket away to a person I don’t like.

Is this a public statement even? How old are they? I’m reminded of my 8th graders behaviour in many ways. (But then, they learn quite quickly given a heads-up.)

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BK's latest Facebook post:

"To all those who criticize us: If you have complexes or syndromes, please go see a doctor. We are not qualified to help you. If you cannot afford one, we will be happy to contribute. Please ask us. FYI we are in the business of making jackets and get paid for it. Nothing more, nothing less. Your groundless claims are knocked down by the exceptional quality of our jackets. If you don't like us, then fine, we don't want your business. Go elsewhere. We do not care to engage in silly arguments with you. If you continue, let us warn you, you will be sued, as we need to protect our business. We know who you are and have your names and addresses. This video is devoted to you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHgD-rcp1-E"

pawineguy

One Too Many

"To all those who criticize us: If you have complexes or syndromes, please go see a doctor. We are not qualified to help you. If you cannot afford one, we will be happy to contribute. Please ask us. FYI we are in the business of making jackets and get paid for it. Nothing more, nothing less. Your groundless claims are knocked down by the exceptional quality of our jackets. If you don't like us, then fine, we don't want your business. Go elsewhere. We do not care to engage in silly arguments with you. If you continue, let us warn you, you will be sued, as we need to protect our business. We know who you are and have your names and addresses. This video is devoted to you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHgD-rcp1-E"

But he's done such an excellent job protecting his business already! He knows as much about the law as he does public relations.

GregO

One of the Regulars
What BK really needs is a trained practical businesslike mindset that doesn't jump back and forth with added foolishness ...

HD, I have to respectfully disagree. I think the guy needs medication. And therapy -- lots of it.

Look at the bright side -- you have to admit that it is rather entertaining.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I have no business being here, but.... this is an epic level humor... omg the unlucky customer whose jacket being built right now would have his jacket enchanted with so much rage and smugness in the leather and its stitches, it would be radioactive.

Otter

One Too Many
They could make that their strapline: "Every jacket enriched with rage and smugness".

Seriously though, they make some great looking jackets, they just keep getting better. If only they would keep theirr mouths shut and let the product do the talking. Look at A1 as a case in point, he was so enthused about his new jacket. Now he feels he has bought from a company whose hobby is kicking puppies.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Not sure how many here own a BK jacket, but if you have a size 44 and can't bear to wear it let me know. I've got more details in my classified ad. Hope to hear from some of you disgruntled owners.

Thanks, T.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up

Sounds like another cash offer that they won't stand behind, if you ask me...

Yes, it has become so ridiculous that just about anything now coming from BK is beyond comical. Yet sadly it is also a warning sign to anyone who may have problems with a custom ordered jacket (things can and do go awry from time to time with any leather jacket company)but confidence in dealing with a helpful professional company attitude is most important. If they can't recognize how and why they came across as so absurd during their involvement on a few forums then how can anyone expect any better communication if they suddenly determine that a customer complaint is only coming from the ongoing list of just one more of the new bad guys. Again..less to do with sincere efforts to produce an exceptional leather jacket but more to do with management style and human relations.

Otter

One Too Many
If I were them at the moment I would be wondering "How have we managed to alienate a fair proportion of our customer base; and what can we do to reconnect with them." Not threatening them would probably be a good start but hey, what do I know.
They need to get us talking about how good their product is, not how awful their public persona is.

Last edited:

Jwag

One of the Regulars
We must get this guy and Stuart from LW in the same room together...
But anyway, they look like good quality products.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe