Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubras at an attractive price.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Yeah I know Rick...it should be here today...but it's great having all of you to moan to!
So will you start the new Akubra Adventurer thread?:eusa_clap

One of the Regulars
RokkerMan said:
dang. looks like they're already out of bigger sizes of the adventurer. :(

Yeah, I had to settle for one size smaller than normal and hope it's a little loose. Glad to hear it has a wide brim, though! :D

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No box (yet) so I called Beverly and got the tracking number. According to UPS it is out for delivery so it should be showing up. I guess I'll go sit out on the back steps now...

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Mine is "out for delivery" also...since 6am....It must be in the very back of the truck....and 6:30 is the last delivery....so we'll see....

AlanC

Success!

The Adventurer sits atop my head as I type. Both hats I ordered are 59 / 7 3/8, as I asked for and as is my size. The Riverina is quite loose, but going by what everyone says, I'll simply put some inserts in and wait for it to conform to my head. The wider brim is going to take some getting used to. As I've said, I plan to add a pugaree to it as Mike K did to his Riverina.

The Adventurer is loose but not terribly so. I hope it doesn't end up shrinking too much, but surely it won't. My Adventurer brim measures at 3 1/8" in the front and 2 3/4" on the side. It has 'Adventurer' written on the front of the interior band in an Indiana Jones type font. Pretty funny. It's got way too much taper to make it over at COW! I probably won't be able to resist putting a psuedo-Indy bash in it over time, though.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I'm suprised that everyone hasn't gotten their hats quicker. I received mine in two days. i guess if you are on the west coast ,it will take longer to get the hats as Outback is one the East Coast . I know they are working on a new collection , but I havent found out where they are being made . I hope they are as good as the Akubras they used to stock.

Steven
lol

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Still waiting....

Yes I'm still waiting...UPS has it as out and about and to be delivered...still....I live in Florida...East coast...I cannot believe it's taken this long to get here (of course it still hasn't)...
You all may hear me when it does get here...I wonder when the last delivery will be....The next door neighbor said that it might be around 6:30 - 7...well it's now after 7....I'm thinking this....
...The door bell.......!!!!!!!!!! THE DOORBELL!!!!!
IT'S ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!
I opened the box..........and it is beautiful.....Light as a feather compared to my Snowy River.....It's the same size as the Snowy...but a tad tight...Now what do I do?...I'll wear it for awhile and see if it loosens up.....
Otherwise...I love the color and feel......
Cheers for now....and having anti-climax thoughts....[huh] :eusa_doh:
Colby Jack

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I know the feeling of waiting on UPS! I am waiting for a package of shirts, a package for a bomber jacket, a hat from Camptown, two panamas from ebay, and two panamas from panamabob.
I have been watching the door for a while even though I know nothing is coming for a while. :eusa_doh:

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Fats...I'll need to get a hat stretcher next...but it's starting to loosen up a bit now that I've had it on all night.:D

Indycop...The UPS guy made a joke that it came all the way from Australia...not being in the mood...I said nope...it onlycame from Pa....I must have been his last delivery of the night...and this poor hat rode all day in the heat!...Now I'll have to see how the hat looks with the Ruger SA 45lc!
So did you get your stuff yet...and I need to get a job as a cop in Jax...Then I could afford all that loot you mentioned! lol

Cheers all
Colby Jack

Mark Brody

New in Town
Can't wait to see the hat, Jack! I'm thinking about getting an Akubra, myself, which leads me to...

Sidenote: I hear the sizing on the Akubras run a little large, is this true?

AlanC

indycop said:
I know the feeling of waiting on UPS! I am waiting for a package of shirts, a package for a bomber jacket, a hat from Camptown, two panamas from ebay, and two panamas from panamabob.
I have been watching the door for a while even though I know nothing is coming for a while. :eusa_doh:

See--and my wife thinks I order a lot of stuff! lol

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Welcome to the lounge Mark!
I can tell you that Akubra's are great...tough as nails and good looking. Of course there are better, but for the price...ya can't beat 'em!
Now as far as size goes...I guess I fall into the 60/61 size now. My Snowy River is a 60 and fit fine from the beginning. The Adventurer arrived today (finally) and is a 60 also. It was a bit tight....tight enough that I worried about it because I knew they didn't have anymore hats in my size or the one larger in a 61...so there would be no exchanges. Well after wearing it all night...I think it will be a keeper, cuz it's loosened up enough to be comfortable. I'll go get a stretcher per Fatwoul...and all things will be wonderful. Now I'm looking at some other Akubras and one of Major Moores' Buckaroo Hatters custom hats...the list goes on!

deanglen

Mark Brody said:
Can't wait to see the hat, Jack! I'm thinking about getting an Akubra, myself, which leads me to...

Sidenote: I hear the sizing on the Akubras run a little large, is this true?

Yes in most instances. Which is good, because they shrink well.

dean

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Alan...all I got after I asked how the wife liked the new hat...her answer.."it's a hat"...that was it....a look of disdain...ah well...Thats why I come to the lounge!
I just wish the single action shooters were more like this group...Sometimes it's hard to get a good answer outa them.
Cheers
Colby Jack...No longer on hold....

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
I'm trying to figure this out. (1) When buying an Akubra, do I order my regular size or something else? And (2) Given all the feedback we gave Stetson (Hatco), is there some way we can discuss sizing issues with Akubra?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe