Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubras at an attractive price.

VegasMike

One of the Regulars
Ok, back from hiking, had to take a nap, but here it is....Action Hat!

1347806333_eb3ccbb113.jpg

1348699520_3de8c36b05.jpg

1347806061_f484892270.jpg

1348699228_1216d5ce8c.jpg

1347805813_ddec820c49.jpg

I have more photos coming of me and Action Hat rock climbing, but they aren't on my camera.

fatwoul

Practically Family
I like how the hat now has a name. With capital letters.

Looks good, and more than that, looks up to the job.

How was it? I mean, was it comfortable, and cool enough for hiking in?

EDIT: Every time I see a picture of you, I think it's a friend of mine. The resemblance is, I think, uncanny.

VegasMike

One of the Regulars
Actually, Action Hat was great. :) It did a nice job of keeping the sun off the melon, and it worked well in keeping the tree branches from smacking my face as well. Definitely up to the task. I only took it off a couple times all day when we stopped to take a break.

It's also already starting to conform itself to my headshape, since when it arrived it was REALLY round, and my head..isn't.

Mike K.

One Too Many
Hey, I recognize that hat!
The Riverina is the hat I rebashed and converted into my daily-wear safari hat.
Here's a link to some older threads:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?p=351622#post351622
CMKsafari.jpg

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=18199&highlight=safari+hat
image33.jpg

I wish that I could've purchased mine for that great price, but then again, I would not have the greenish-khaki color that I really wanted. As for use in the field, I can vouch for it. I work as an Audubon Society warden and the Akubra Riverina is my daily work hat...and I work under the scorching south Florida sun in the back woods and swamps. I love the fact that the Riverina is both dashing and utilitarian at the same time. Alan C. just picked up one too and tells me he is currently working on the safari conversion. It's a great hat!

VegasMike

One of the Regulars
Wow! That safari conversion is great! And you lucky son-of-a-gun, getting to work out in the wilds all day. I wish I could get away from my desk and be a Park Ranger or something :)

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Adventurer question

For those of you that got the adventurer...what would you say it reminds you of?...What other Akubra is similar in it's texture...what about a vintage hat...is it softer in comparison?....
Thanks
CJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe