Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubras at an attractive price.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I just bought a few Adventurers for my store. At that price , you cant go wrong. I was also told that the cmpany is going to have a new line of hats that will be as good as Akubras but made domesticaly . That makes me happy as Outback is a pleasure to deal with .

Steven
A man who loves his hats!!

fedoracpa

New in Town
I had hoped to call before 5:00 when the store closes to order an Adventurer, but I got tied up at work and didn't have the chance. I did place an online order - I'm not sure if their online inventory is live or not, but we'll see. Even though this hat is just slightly outside my ideal specifications (not a stingy brim), I think the hat still work well. I think it will look great with my new brown leather blazer. I normally wear a 7 5/8, but can go down a notch or two if they are sized bigger. They did not have my actual size as an option online, so I went a notch down, I think I will still be ok. If for some reason I don't like the hat once I see it on my head or the size is not right, I figure that I should be able to unload it to someone for the price I paid for it. Hopefully it will arrive quickly, since the store is not too far from home.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
So do we know what hat this is?...and Rick...where did you get those dimensions?...I spoke to a young girl on the phone...and she had to keep asking someone the answers to everything. I guess she was the daughter...so it was difficult to get answers on this hat....:eusa_doh:
CJ

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
besdor said:
I just bought a few Adventurers for my store. At that price , you cant go wrong. I was also told that the cmpany is going to have a new line of hats that will be as good as Akubras but made domesticaly . That makes me happy as Outback is a pleasure to deal with .QUOTE]

Besdor, domestic to what country?? Is this a USA based company or Australian? I'm curious as to the felt supplier, as Akubra is pretty hard to beat or match for off the shelf fedora's.

fedoralover

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Fedoralover, I will get more info when I speak to the owner . I am hoping that it will be one of the smaller companies here in the USa that do contract work for other companies. There is one company that makes beautiful hats that most people dont know of here in the USA that could do it . We will see .

Steven
:eek:

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Well I'll be......

Thank you Rick...I did a search here and on the web, and couldn't find much...I see also that the Adventurer is made in the Heritage fur rather than the Imperial. So it's more like a Fed DLX, than a regular Fed...

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
I've come to the conclusion that Akubra does not show all of the hat styles they make on their web site. There are a number of hats that are shown on retailers web sites but not there, including the Jackaroo and the Adventurer. At first when I'd looked for the Jackaroo I'd assumed that if it wasn't on the Akubra web site it had been discontinued, but now I don't think that is the case. It may be that styles not available through all distributers/retailers are not listed. Just a guess, though.

Cheers,
Tom

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Colby Jack said:
I did a search here and on the web, and couldn't find much...
Yeah, me too neither, not much info out there, eh?

Colby Jack said:
I see also that the Adventurer is made in the Heritage fur rather than the Imperial. So it's more like a Fed DLX, than a regular Fed...

HOT DAWG!! :D That little detail had escaped me. This'll be my first of three Akubras I have w/ the superior felt, boy oh boy, I can't wait to compare the two.

AlanC

Yes, that is good to know. I can't wait to get mine and experiment with them.

Rick, continued thanks for alerting us to this. Let's just hope my thanks continues when I actually get the hats! ;)

Rick Blaine

AlanC said:
Rick, continued thanks for alerting us to this.
I am so glad to have the opportunity to pay back in some small fashion for all the enlightenment, instruction & entertainment have received here at this wonderful website!

AlanC said:
Let's just hope my thanks continues when I actually get the hats! ;)

>gulp<... me too...:whistling

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
You mean I found something no one else had?...Maybe I'll be able to give back a small portion to the lounge also.
I can't wait to see what's written inside the hat...

Jerekson

One Too Many
If the Adventurer came in any other color (or even shade) of brown I would pick one up. But as it is I have too many brown hats, so I'll have to pass...

Spellflower

Practically Family
Jerekson said:
If the Adventurer came in any other color (or even shade) of brown I would pick one up. But as it is I have too many brown hats, so I'll have to pass...

Well, Jerekson, if that's all that's keeping you from getting one, I'd be glad to help out by taking some of those brown hats off your hands!;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe