Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know that summer really IS over when...

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
pretty faythe said:
When you Christmas/Hanukkah and other Winter Seasonal decorations going up! (hey what can I say I live in the desert) :p

Well, I don't know about Christmas and or Hanukkah, but last week, I noticed one of the movie rental places here already has Halloween decorations up...[huh]

The sun here in New Mexico is intense, so it is still somewhat warm these days. However, you can tell the air itself is actually cooling and feels really good. I can tell our season is starting to transition--it gets a little chilly at night.

olive bleu

One Too Many
i know it's over when i stop eating green salads daily and start craving cooked root vegetables.I also trade in the morning Corn flakes for Porridge:)

Rachael

A-List Customer
ShoreRoadLady said:
You think that's bad? The craft stores have been selling Halloween stuff since July or August, at least. (Sewing stores had Christmas fabric sales in July.:eek: )

That's what I love about craft stores; by the time I'm ready to buy seasonal things, they're already discounted to make room for the next holiday.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Just got back from Wyoming. So I definitely felt the cool touch of fall there. :)
The buffalo are moving down into their winter feeding grounds in Yellowstone, and the mountains are getting snow.

Sunny

One Too Many
Huzzah, fall is here! Highs won't creep into the upper 80s until the weekend, and lows will be in the 50s!

Just watch it shoot back up to 97 next week. But you didn't hear me say that...

carter

I'll Lock Up
Sunny said:
Huzzah, fall is here! Highs won't creep into the upper 80s until the weekend, and lows will be in the 50s!

Just watch it shoot back up to 97 next week. But you didn't hear me say that...

It was beautifully cool this morning. 64 degrees and the top down. Now that's real coffee!

Sunny

One Too Many
carter said:
It was beautifully cool this morning. 64 degrees and the top down. Now that's real coffee!
Sounds like we're very close! I think we hit 60.

Kassia

One of the Regulars
jamespowers said:
I forgot to mention that I know summer is over around here when its in the 60 degree range instead of the 70s. ;) :p

It's warmer here in the Pacific Northwest than it was in August.. It's only fall at night.. At 7 pm this morning it was 10 C (50F) and then at 1 pm it is 25C (75F) and to me that's "goldilocks" weather!!!
To say, it's sunny and the temperature is JUST RIGHT....

Kassia said:
It's warmer here in the Pacific Northwest than it was in August.. It's only fall at night.. At 7 pm this morning it was 10 C (50F) and then at 1 pm it is 25C (75F) and to me that's "goldilocks" weather!!!
To say, it's sunny and the temperature is JUST RIGHT....

It has been getting way cold here at night. A few nights ago I lit the fireplace in the summer house because it was getting too cold for me. It is getting in the low 50s in the evenings. Today it is supposed to get up to 73 with a low of 56. :( Sounds about the same as what you are experiencing there. I just have a low threshold for cold temperatures I guess. [huh] :D I like it warm--all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe