Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why do I hate the 1970s so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J. M. Stovall said:
I have all the Batman from the Golden Age collected, along with the Spirit. I really enjoy reading them but I'd be hard pressed to consider Golden Age Batman a "smart" read. The 50's and 60's is where most the superheroes got dumbed down, with the possible exception of Marvel in the 60's.

Notice I didn't mention the 60s? ;) Since the thread is about the 70s I limitied it to that. By then comic books were a joke. I could live with the 50s comics over the 70s comics any day of the week.
Define smart read by the way.:D

Really, in the end, I have to say I hated them, too. Doran, JamesPowers, and Lincsong had the hippies to deal with, and in Brooklyn I had the cugines. 'Cugine' is Italian for cousin and it denotes the young vacuous boys/men of fifteen to twenty-five who wore 90 mile an hour hair, gold chains, and wife-beaters. They listened to disco and drove around in daddy's Mercedes picking up cugettes in ankle-bracelets. What a horrible lot. My salvation was in bands like The Ramones and Elvis Costello and the Attractions. Aside from that, I don't look back fondly on those days, though I still am finding some good things about the European banker style.

Regards,

Senator Jack

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
There are just as many good things as there are bad....

Those who want to look at the world with rosy glasses only see the good. Those who want to look at the world with grey glasses, only see the bad.

It's pointless trying to tell someone who sees grey in everything, that other colors exist.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Play nice, or I'll start posting pictues of 70s Nik Nik shirts.

Think of all the Polyesters that died to make this shirt.

shir581a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82