Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your number one Fedora...your everyday hat?

Russ

One of the Regulars
Marc Chevalier said:
It's a fact of life: brown fedoras go with everything.

I don't want to turn this into a thread on brown fedoras, but I had the exact same revelation just yesterday; my brown Fedora goes with just about any color shirt or jacket.

My main fedora is my brown Adventurebilt as well. But I consider the fedora to be a town hat. When I'm out in the country or forest, I'll settle for one of my more casual slouch hats (bush hats, country hats, or whatever you want to call them). In that category the Akubra Colly is my top choice right now.

matei

One Too Many
I'm another Adventurebilt wearer who is going to chime in here. The AB is my daily hat when the weather is a bit wet, as it has been lately.

However, during the warmer weather, I wear a vintage Borsa that Art Fawcett restored. It is a light colour, lightweight felt hat that is great for the warm months.

I will rotate some of my other lids in once or twice a week though... it all depends on my mood!

riccardo

Practically Family
Campdraft

In these days I'm enjoing myself wearing my new Akubra Campdraft.
I have fedorized it and now it looks very beautiful.
So I can save my vintage OR.
...a lot of person say me " why this texano's look?" and I understand that I've done a good work!lol lol lol

Regards.
Riccardo

Barry

Practically Family
everyday hat

Probably the Knox Cervo I picked up at the NYC Fedora Lounge event.

knox.jpg

Barry

Aaron Hats

Vendor
jamespowers said:
Geez, is that a modern Stetson?! It looks pretty darned good for one if it is. We need a review of it.

This is a hat Stetson made for one season last year though I have a couple misc. sizes still in stock. As far as a review I hesitate to give one because folks will think it's just a sales pitch. I'll tell you a little story though. One night last winter my wife and I went out when we shouldn't have. It was snowing like crazy and winds were gusting up to about 50mph. I stepped out of my truck and before I knew it this hat was rolling down the street on it's brim like a wheel. We tried to find it but couldn't. The next day my wife took a drive and found it about a 1/4 mile from where it went airborn. She picked it up and brought it home. There was no sign of wear from spending a night out in near blizzard conditions.

scotrace said:
I think a Fedora Lounge event needs to happen in North Conway, NH.

There's a darn near perfect vintage hotel nearby.

You and anybody else is welcome to come visit this wonderful part of the country.

Aaron Hats said:
This is a hat Stetson made for one season last year though I have a couple misc. sizes still in stock. As far as a review I hesitate to give one because folks will think it's just a sales pitch. I'll tell you a little story though. One night last winter my wife and I went out when we shouldn't have. It was snowing like crazy and winds were gusting up to about 50mph. I stepped out of my truck and before I knew it this hat was rolling down the street on it's brim like a wheel. We tried to find it but couldn't. The next day my wife took a drive and found it about a 1/4 mile from where it went airborn. She picked it up and brought it home. There was no sign of wear from spending a night out in near blizzard conditions.

It figures it was a limited run and then they came to their senses---"we can't make a decent hat; we're Stetson." :p PM sent. There better be a 7 5/8 left.

Regards,

J

Pilgrim

One Too Many
My #1 is my tan Stratoliner. It has a moderate brim and moderate crown, and looks good with just about anything except a very dark outfit.

Stratoliner-5.jpg

ideaguy

One Too Many
DOUGLAS said:
That is a hard question:eusa_doh: I do know that if there was a fire I would grab this one
DSCN3626.jpg

I would then start crying like a baby.

Wow. after seeing what seems like hundreds of hats-that's kind of a surprise; someday I hope we meet, Douglas; you're an interesting man, not a copy.

ideaguy

One Too Many
An event in NH? I'm willing to pitch in and do anything needed to make it happen- live in Greenfield, MA, not too far (coupla hours) from Aaron, and if you've never been to New England-well-you really are missing a treat. Count me in, and you can count on me. Michael

Mr. Grumpy

New in Town
docmoreau.jpg

My father, Edward J. Moreau, wore a well-worn wide-brimmed brown fedora with just the smallest brown feather, every Sunday at church as I was growing up in the 50's. After he died,a decade later, I remember asking my mother about that hat of his. She merely told me that, back then, he had to wear a hat because he was prone to sinus infections. But as I grew up I realized that explanation was specious. I suspect that he wore it because his father, Alfred, was never seen outside the home without a hat... fedora, straw hat, homburg. It was "de rigueur" back then and my father carried on the tradition, as best he could, until the fashion died out in the 1960's.
And here I am now, after 40 or so years, reclaiming his tradition.
My first choice was "The Glen" by Bailey. Obtained from the late Marshall Fields Store in Chicago, Illinois, last year. I wear it in his and my grandfather's honor.
I'm thinking that my little story is a precursor to a new return to a men's fashion for "baby boomers" country-wide: fedoras.
Of course, I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Welcome

Welcome to The Fedora Lounge, Mr Grumpy. You make a great point. Surely many of us "of a certain age" are turning to hats to honor and respect our dads.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
It is hard at times to choose one out of the many. It is asking me to surrender my heart to a certain color or a certain shape. I have had many hats over the years. Many vintage and many new. They all have had sentimental value.

Currently I prefer my Optimo in Graphite gray.

It takes a beating and keeps on going.

IMG_6302-vi.jpg

IMG_6416-vi.jpg

IMG_6471-vi.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley