Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your number one Fedora...your everyday hat?

agent5

New in Town
I know this may be a hard question for some of you who have quite a many fedoras in your collections, but I was curious to know what your number one fedora is? By that I don't necessarily mean the prize of your collection or even a sentimental fedora, possibly passed down from a relative. I'm talking about one that always sits on the hat rack by the front door that you're always putting on.

I know the fedora is pretty much going to match whatever you have on that day, but there has to be one that is your throw on hat every time you're in a hurry or just taking a trip to the store. One that perhaps matches most of what you wear. Maybe an old roll-up fedora or even a cheapie that you don't care if the wind takes it one day.

Mine is one I particularly like simply because of it's color, it's pizzazz and the fact that I think it goes well with my facial structure as well as most of my dress, even when I go completely casual. It was passed down from my Grandmother and I have no idea where she got it but nomatter, it's all my fortune. I have better quality hats but this one does something for me. It just seems to fit my personality well and I do get compliments on it quite often, many times from complete strangers which makes you feel good.

It's a charcoal Royal Stetson which I'm guessing could poooooossibly be from the late 50's, but if not, definitely a product of the 60's. The felt is quite nice...a little on the rigid side but that's alright. It's nice and tight and it fits me right. It has personality just sitting there by itself, which it doesn't do for long. I wear this baby often.

267802156_cd3259d440.jpg

So, what's your go to fedora? I'd love to see some pics if possible, of course.

RedPop4

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:
It's a fact of life: brown fedoras go with everything.

I'm beginning to come to this conclusion, as well.
I have a wool Dorfman-Pacific Indy, that's my grab-and-go hat with just about anything EXCEPT when I'm in blue/gray colors.

When I'm in blue-gray colors I reach for my $8.75 Stetson (thanks ebay)

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
It alternates between my brown and grey Akubra Federations, though the brown gets more wear. They're nice, quality, good-looking, tough hats that I don't have to worry about in any kind of weather.

Snrbfshn said:
It's either my gray Borsalino:
detail

Or my blonde Disney Robin Hood Twenty:
detail

Quickly box up and send the Disney to me for evaluation. I don't believe it is that good. I have to see for myself. It will only take a few years. :p
Great hat. Probably one of very few that still exist. I have been trying to find one in my size for years and then you bring this one out. :eusa_doh: :D

Regards,

J

P.S. You would happen to be my size would you? ;)

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is a hard question:eusa_doh: I do know that if there was a fire I would grab this one
DSCN3626.jpg

I would then start crying like a baby.

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I really don't have one. When I head out to work or shop, or out to the back yard for a smoke, I'll try to grab a different one each time. I love 'em all and also I want to save wear and sweat damage on my vintage lids.

I may wear a half-dozen different hats over the course of a day. :)

Steve

Practically Family
I only have one fedora, my Adventurebilt. It's IJ-style, but it goes with all of the button-down shirts I wear regularly. I wear it as often as possible, no matter where. When it gets dirty in the woods, I brush it off, and it's nice and snappy to go out on the town once more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SirLorial