Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Jerk chicken
Black beans and rice with homemade sofrito
Marinated cucumber and tomato salad
Fried bananas
Ice cold Warsteiner to wash it all down.
Mmmmmmm.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Congratulations, Gregg. Hopefully this new job will give you that push to purchase the '69 Lincoln. :p
Oh I'd love to do that, but it will probably take a year or so.
Replacement for the out of town/wife's car, then house, then Lincoln...in that order.
I could get a Eldorado quicker because they are cheap, but life is too short to be cheap. ;)

Pizza, homemade, because I was tired and now I can enjoy the weekend.
One more day for 30 minutes on Monday, to clean out my personal stuff before everyone comes in to work, and then I'm out.
Plus I have business in that area, getting a rock peck fixed in the Saturn.

Oh I'd love to do that, but it will probably take a year or so.
Replacement for the out of town/wife's car, then house, then Lincoln...in that order.
I could get a Eldorado quicker because they are cheap, but life is too short to be cheap. ;)

Pizza, homemade, because I was tired and now I can enjoy the weekend.
One more day for 30 minutes on Monday, to clean out my personal stuff before everyone comes in to work, and then I'm out.
Plus I have business in that area, getting a rock peck fixed in the Saturn.

Buy the Eldorado. They have a better engine and look ten times better than those old man, staid looking Lincolns.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Buy the Eldorado. They have a better engine and look ten times better than those old man, staid looking Lincolns.
Whatever...
Too much Gingerbread latte tonight? :p
Those can cause jittery delusions from what I've read.
BTW, I'm literally on fumes and probably should go to bed, but I forgot to thank Dale and Harv.
Thanks again, this has been a long time coming believe me.
Yes Flemings Steak House is a bit pricey, and to be quite honest "good" steak but not great, but we're using 2 gift cards my wife got for Christmas so I'll be out $13-15 dollars.
Hey, who said a raise has to involve spending MY money? :D
I've never had Ruth's Chris, although I do know they get the steaks from Halperins(?).
Now that it's colder, I might order steaks from them and save myself $50 dollars a plate by cooking them at home!
One other avenue is my nephew gets his meat local.
Apparently he goes in with 2 other couples and they buy a cow, but he doesn't have a say in what cuts he gets.
Then what good is it to save money on a cut you don't want???
Almost smart enough, but he still needs a few years to figure this whole ordering meat in bulk out.

Last edited:
Whatever...
Too much Gingerbread latte tonight? :p
Those can cause jittery delusions from what I've read.
BTW, I'm literally on fumes and probably should go to bed, but I forgot to thank Dale and Harv.
Thanks again, this has been a long time coming believe me.
Yes Flemings Steak House is a bit pricey, and to be quite honest "good" steak but not great, but we're using 2 gift cards my wife got for Christmas so I'll be out $13-15 dollars.
Hey, who said a raise has to involve spending MY money? :D
I've never had Ruth's Chris, although I do know they get the steaks from Halperins(?).
Now that it's colder, I might order steaks from them and save myself $50 dollars a plate by cooking them at home!
One other avenue is my nephew gets his meat local.
Apparently he goes in with 2 other couples and they buy a cow, but he doesn't have a say in what cuts he gets.
Then what good is it to save money on a cut you don't want???
Almost smart enough, but he still needs a few years to figure this whole ordering meat in bulk out.

Just admit you like old man cars. :p

Buy half a side of beef every year and you get what you want out of it. :p

Could have fooled me. :p
allanmelvin.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth