Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
It has potatoes in it, and coconut milk, so it gets pretty thick like a good chowder, but the garlic, ginger, and jalapeños give it a little more kick. Just the ticket on a cool evening.

What? No ground cashews or almonds? And you call that a korma ;)

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
We have had some smoked and baked ham as we had a lot from Thanksgiving left. I was able to use it in some baked Scallop Potato, and the last night I made a great "made up" meal that Daniel suggested I do. It turned out great. Giving a recipe on this one....easy to do. Medium sized cake pan...SQUARE one Foil the bottom and bring the foil up on the sides of the pan. Two boxes of Corn Muffin mix. It will "set up" some after you mix the Corn Muffin mix in the mixing bowl for about 15 minutes. Gets thicker. You want that. I used about 3 cups of sliced up small tid bits of the ham....some mild banana peppers...thin green onions....thin slices of philadelphia cream cheese (freezer it for about 30 minutes before you open and cut it helps it not be so gooey)....half pound of shredded sharp cheddar cheese. The Muffin Mix goes in the pan first. Pour it right on in. On the top you dump in the ham tid bit slices and sort of "mush" then into the mix so they are all in it and not just on the top. Dump on your onions, cream cheese (mush that down into the mix as well so some of it is down in the mix and not all on just the top) toss on the mild peppers and also the sharp cheddar. Oven at 400 pre heated....timer 15 minutes and check at about 12 to make sure nothing is burning or getting too cooked....but 15 minutes worked like a charm. Take it out and let it sit for about 10 minutes off to the side to cool a bit and use a hamburger flipper to cut and serve it up.....we put some guacamole thick sauce on the top before chowing down......screaming good.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Not tonight:mad: this is broke peoples korma. Otherwise there'd been some chicken in there too.

I can bet it is better than a "wish sandwich"....you know the two slices of bread and you "wish" you had something to put inside it....lol! I have had a few of those in my day.....lol!

I can bet it is better than a "wish sandwich"....you know the two slices of bread and you "wish" you had something to put inside it....lol! I have had a few of those in my day.....lol!

Reminds me of eating jam sandwiches. Take two pieces of bread and jam 'em together to make a sandwich.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Thursday night is Soup Night in our house. I'm going to make turkey soup (leftover turkey, turkey stock), but more in the style of a creamy chowder. Not sure exactly how it will turn out. Not working from a recipe, but in my head it is delicious!

Oh, and home made herb focaccia bread. I love my bread machine!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Yep. Herbs and parmesan inside the dough, brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with kosher salt before baking. We always fight over the last piece. Crunchy, salty, perfect for soup dunking.

I'll set an extra place. :)

Whew! All you guys ate good last night. I had pizza:( $5 ghetto pizza, no less.
Tonight we're having homemade burritos smothered in homemade enchilada sauce, because the store was out of corn tortillas and I had to get flour ones. It still tastes good, though.

dnjan

One Too Many
Oh, and home made herb focaccia bread. I love my bread machine!

Yes! I use mine to do the mixing/kneading once or twice a week. I like being able to set the timer for a delayed start when I have errands/etc. that will take up a lot of time. When I get home the dough is ready for the next step.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88