Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Breakfast for dinner: pancakes, eggs (to order), home fries, bacon, and toast (for hubby). Lily only ate bacon in syrup and a few bites of pancake, but I'm okay with that because..... bacon!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Marinated some steak in soy, mirin, brown sugar, white pepper, garlic, ginger and rice wine vinegar. It's on the barbie at the mo and smells pretty damn good ;)

Roasted turkey, cornbread stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potato/pecan casserole, broccoli casserole, green beans, fresh baked bread, apple pie, pumpkin pie, and pecan pie.

Happy Thanksgiving you guys. I hope your tables are full and your families and homes are safe, and prayers for those whose aren't.

Last edited:

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Turkey (brined overnight), sour cream mashed potatoes with gravy, sweet potato casserole with pecans & marshmallows, Grandma's recipe cornbread dressing (added bacon this year - hope she forgives me, 'cause it's bacon!), green bean casserole from scratch (with bacon, mushrooms, onions, & cheese), homemade cardamom rolls (great grandma's recipe), and pumpkin cheesecake parfaits for dessert.

Oh, and veggie platter, cheesy bacon dip & pretzels for appetizer/munchies while watching football.

Hope to time my cold medicine dose so I can actually taste some of this. Worst timing on getting a cold. Thankful to be the only one to get sick in our household, & thankful hubby had time off to help me out with Lily. (He told me I looked like doo-doo yesterday. Thanks, dear. :/ )

Turkey & Ham..and table full of the traditional feasts at youngest Daughter's home. Ground is covered in snow this morning in midIndiana. Happy Thanksgiving..!!

Nice. I get stuck going over to the brother-in-law's place to have Turducken. I hope it doesn't taste like Turskunken......:doh: I hate turkey anyway.....
On the brighter side, I made two varieties of my green bean casserole. One is kind of plain but still has bacon while the other has ots of pepper bacon and sharp cheddar instead of regular cheddar. I wonder if I should make my world famous conrbread.....

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Hope all those Stateside had a nice Thanksgiving. I've always thought it's a real wonderful idea for a celebration, shame we don't have anything similar.

Tonight will be Gai Yang on the barbie again. Chook has been marinating over night. Can't wait.

I love turkey. Spam. Spam with peanut butter. And the '94XJS Jaguar convertible. A blast to drive with reasonable care/maintenance. :D
Corned beef hash sandwich.:coffee:

21745ca1049d79dcf32420871b892d03.jpg

I'm good with old school spam, but there comes a point when you just have to say no.

I like CBH with a fried egg on top and toast to shovel it in with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg