Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I am OK with the wine, though I probably would have consumed it while the chilli was cooking.
And I am even OK with the English-english translations. Until I get to balsamic rice.
Please explain that one.
(not rice in general - I'm willing to eat chilli or chili over rice. But the balsamic rice confuses me.)

Lost in translation, you probably know it as Basmati. I do sometimes wonder if all the variations of rice are not unlike the many shapes of pasta. All much of a muchness.

Last edited:

RBH

Bartender
Greg, you need to try this sauce.

1348-2T.jpg

We used to pick some up when we went to Mexico, but they now have it here at our local grocery.

Get the brown, it has the best flavor.

El Yucateca.
+1
I like the green on chicken or breakfast dishes, the red with meat or beans, and the brown with just about anything. It seems to be the liveliest of the three.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Greg, you need to try this sauce.

1348-2T.jpg

We used to pick some up when we went to Mexico, but they now have it here at our local grocery.

Get the brown, it has the best flavor.

I have the red one. :D
Thanks
I'll have to try the other 2 though.
Green on eggs? Not sure I can take that, it's all about presentation and eggs shouldn't be green, at least not fresh ones. ;)

I have the red one. :D
Thanks
I'll have to try the other 2 though.
Green on eggs? Not sure I can take that, it's all about presentation and eggs shouldn't be green, at least not fresh ones. ;)

For breakfast a lot, and supper too, we cut up potatoes and fry them in a skillet with chopped onion, then when they're nice and browned throw in some eggs and scramble it all together. This gets wrapped in flour tortillas, with a little shredded cheese if there's any around, and hot sauce or salsa. 4 or 5 potatos and 1/2 doz. Eggs makes a CHEAP meal for a lot of people.
And when it's rolled up in a tortilla you won't know the sauce is green.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I may try it this way, Sam I am.
We do a lot of wraps, because we've found a low carb one at the store.
Although we don't do potatoes, we do cauliflower.
Same method though, in an iron skillet.

I may try it this way, Sam I am.
We do a lot of wraps, because we've found a low carb one at the store.
Although we don't do potatoes, we do cauliflower.
Same method though, in an iron skillet.

If I was low-carbin' (and didn't have so many mouths eating the groceries) I'd crumble up some sausage instead. But since 1# of sausage costs about the same as 5# of taters, taters it is at my house most of the time.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
We're hitting the stone crabs tonight. Hard! :)
Shame on me. I had to google that. Shame because just before the housing crash, my wife and I were such regular visitors to Florida, that our local neighbours called us snowbirds. The Florida stone crab, with a claw that can regenerate. Amazing!

Chicken liver risotto - with arborio rice and a little parmesan or pecorino cheese - quick cheap tasty and a bit posh
Somebody else who enjoys offal, well hooray for that. When I get the chance I'll post my recipe for Roman liver.

If there is one bacon recipe that I adore, it's the Italian Carbonara. And the recipe that I use is by the London based Italian chef: Aldo Zilli: So rather than type it all out, here's a cheat's link to Aldo's exquisite recipe.
Tagliatelle Carbonara

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88