Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Well, she was telling me about how she quit her job at the Wal-Mart and was going to work at the filling station in Pardeeville (my old haunt, before I moved). She said her girlfriend started there and really liked it. I thought little of it, but as the conversation progressed, it brought me to asking if she meant girlfriend in a platonic or romantic way. She said romantic, they had been together a couple years. Good indicator it wasn't meant to be, I reckon.

If it was a fib, then it was a pretty clever way to go about it as well as despicable. But if it was not, then it really was not you (although kind of in a way). Sorry about your bad luck there.
:D

vintageTink

One Too Many
I just don't even know how to function in modern society. I mean, I know we're in enlightened times, but that's the newest way I've ever been turned down. I didn't even know what to say.
That's just crazy. And gross. Sorry, Tom.

There should be a vintage dating site for our singles.
Friendship too; I'd like someone local to hang out with.

No need to be sorry. There's nothing anybody can do about it. It's just a new one by me.

There should be. I've met one vintage lady who I am crazy about, but I fear distance will keep that from working.

That's just crazy. And gross. Sorry, Tom.

There should be a vintage dating site for our singles.
Friendship too; I'd like someone local to hang out with.

vintageTink

One Too Many
Don't let distance stop you. I met my husband online in March 1999. He lived in Germany (dad stationed there), I lived in OK. In March 2000 I flew to Germany and spent three months there. We flew back together May 15, married May 19th. We've been married 13 years and have two sons, hoping for a girl next time it happens.
It presents challenges but they do work.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You never know about her, she'll eat anything, except dairy of course. ;)
Naturaly, sir. :nod:

Dairy and bacon. MMMM MMMM
Keep your dairy, give me bacon. :D

hCF3200E3

That's a very nice story.

I don't see her leaving her family and I sure as Hell don't see me leaving mine. I think that'll kill it before it begins (not that it has kept me from trying these past couple years which I've been pursuing her)
Don't let distance stop you. I met my husband online in March 1999. He lived in Germany (dad stationed there), I lived in OK. In March 2000 I flew to Germany and spent three months there. We flew back together May 15, married May 19th. We've been married 13 years and have two sons, hoping for a girl next time it happens.
It presents challenges but they do work.

Xenophon

One of the Regulars
Strange things sometimes happen; I'd just finished 2 years in Iran, 1 in Kabul (that's what happens if an employer knows you're single and they won't have to pay up bigtime to grieving relatives if things go pear shaped) and knew I was going to be posted in Delhi; met my wife in Europe while on 3 months leave there. We knew each other for 2 months and she quit her job, said bye to her family and we moved to Delhi in 2008, got married and have been living/working here since then. I'll never forget that she risked taking that jump for me without knowing for sure the chute was going to deploy.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Well, she was telling me about how she quit her job at the Wal-Mart and was going to work at the filling station in Pardeeville (my old haunt, before I moved). She said her girlfriend started there and really liked it. I thought little of it, but as the conversation progressed, it brought me to asking if she meant girlfriend in a platonic or romantic way. She said romantic, they had been together a couple years. Good indicator it wasn't meant to be, I reckon.
Lemonade out of lemons Tom.
Can you girlfriend work on cars? :D
Sorry to hear this, but she worked at Walmart and went to a gas station?
She will forever drink beer flavored water, while you sir will drink only the best PBR.
Time to let her go...
But you met a vintage lady? Sounds interesting.
Distance shouldn't keep you apart.
I met my wife online, and she eventually decided to move here since I had already done close to 15yrs with my current employer, plus I had a house and not an apartment.
That was 12yrs ago, and we still visit her family 3x a year.
I say start the lot in Wisconsin, and make another lot where she is. Then traveling is a business expense. :D

Last edited:

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
She said romantic, they had been together a couple years. Good indicator it wasn't meant to be, I reckon.
That's a good hint. :doh:

Perfect mach! :thumb:
Every vintage-person's nightmare: to fall for a technology-obsessed ultra modern girl/fella.. and then dread the moment when you have to mention the little thing of "Oh, it's not just my clothes that are aged.. it's my entire home, life.. you know - everything" :D

dnjan

One Too Many
Tom - since she thinks you are a pretty good guy (at least good enough to have as a friend), does she have any straight, single friends?

Well, she's in college, so part-time jobs like that are kinda the norm for that situation.

Yup, I've been kinda pursuing this gal from the vintage community for a couple of years, now.
I don't know how well classic cars would sell overseas, and I don't know much about foreign cars :p

Lemonade out of lemons Tom.
Can you girlfriend work on cars? :D
Sorry to hear this, but she worked at Walmart and went to a gas station?
She will forever drink beer flavored water, while you sir will drink only the best PBR.
Time to let her go...
Distance shouldn't keep you apart.
I met my wife online, and she eventually decided to move here since I had already done close to 15yrs with my current employer, plus I had a house and not an apartment.
That was 12yrs ago, and we still visit her family 3x a year.
I say start the lot in Wisconsin, and make another lot where she is. Then traveling is a business expense. :D

That's a good question. I'm a bit too uncomfortable to talk to her after all this, though. I wish she would have let me know two months ago!

Tom - since she thinks you are a pretty good guy (at least good enough to have as a friend), does she have any straight, single friends?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
What the hell? This is a dinner thread. [huh]
Get a grip...:eusa_doh:
HD
I mentioned lemonade....:D
Tom let's move this discussion to the excessive posting thread, makes more sense there. ;)
Homemade pizza part 2 tonight.
And for James, my wife had 2 bacon and cheese tortillas with her chicken supreme pizza.

I mentioned lemonade....:D
Tom let's move this discussion to the excessive posting thread, makes more sense there. ;)
Homemade pizza part 2 tonight.
And for James, my wife had 2 bacon and cheese tortillas with her chicken supreme pizza.
Yes! Bacon finally graced your home. I bought a BIG pack of Black Forest Bacon yesterday. I have no idea what it is but it was bacon so.....:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82