Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Can you taste the soy?
Not that I can tell, but my taste buds aren't what they should be, which is why I use a lot of hot sauce. :D
I'd add the salt she recommends because the crust needs it (I didn't and I could tell).
What might make it easier, is placing the 2 portions (since it's makes 2 you'd put half on on pan...) between 2 pieces of parchment paper. Then use a roller to even the crust out. It's not going to be thick like a regular one though. Since I didn't use the paper, I used 1/3 cup of olive oil to thin it out just for last night. I also added garlic powder to the mix to give the crust some sort of taste.
Turned out very well according to my wife, but she had worked 14hrs and was starving, so she was biased or delirious one of the two. :)

vintageTink

One Too Many
Not that I can tell, but my taste buds aren't what they should be, which is why I use a lot of hot sauce. :D
I'd add the salt she recommends because the crust needs it (I didn't and I could tell).
What might make it easier, is placing the 2 portions (since it's makes 2 you'd put half on on pan...) between 2 pieces of parchment paper. Then use a roller to even the crust out. It's not going to be thick like a regular one though. Since I didn't use the paper, I used 1/3 cup of olive oil to thin it out just for last night. I also added garlic powder to the mix to give the crust some sort of taste.
Turned out very well according to my wife, but she had worked 14hrs and was starving, so she was biased or delirious one of the two. :)
There's me on Linda Sue's that uses Parmesan, eggs, and cream cheese to make a deep dish crust. Has excellent reviews on low carb sites.

The Incas, Aztecs and Mayans didn't have beef (at least not until the Spanish brought cattle to the New World), so their recipes weren't really chili either.

They still had meat. :p Then the Spanish came along and screwed up the recipe.
You know on the rail as a cowboy I would rather wash just one dish rather than two so the beans go in the chili not separate. Beans plain taste terrible. I like bacon in it too. :p

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
No self-respecting Texan puts beans or tomatoes in their chili. Otherwise, it's not really "chili", it's just "tomato beef stew". Sigh!

Well, I'm neither a Texan nor a cowboy. I'm a proud Southern city slicker. We put beans in our chili, but not in our chili sauce or beef stew. We put tomatoes in darn near everything. No one would mistake our chili for our beef stew, as our beef stew has a totally different flavor all together. I've had your "Texas chili" and it's good, but it ain't Southern chili good. Just a difference in what we were raised on I guess.

Well, I'm neither a Texan nor a cowboy. I'm a proud Southern city slicker. We put beans in our chili, but not in our chili sauce or beef stew. We put tomatoes in darn near everything. No one would mistake our chili for our beef stew, as our beef stew has a totally different flavor all together. I've had your "Texas chili" and it's good, but it ain't Southern chili good. Just a difference in what we were raised on I guess.

Actually, I'm as Southern as they come, by birth. I'm just a naturalized Texan. Improper chili will get a Texan worked up faster than anything, including BBQ. They invented it, and are the keepers of the chili grail, so to speak. At least that's the way they see it.

They still had meat. :p Then the Spanish came along and screwed up the recipe.
You know on the rail as a cowboy I would rather wash just one dish rather than two so the beans go in the chili not separate. Beans plain taste terrible. I like bacon in it too. :p

On nights when you eat chili, you don't eat the beans separately. When you only get three or four different dishes for breakfast lunch and supper, you gotta keep the anticipation up.

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Actually, I'm as Southern as they come, by birth. I'm just a naturalized Texan. Improper chili will get a Texan worked up faster than anything, including BBQ. They invented it, and are the keepers of the chili grail, so to speak. At least that's the way they see it.

If the TEXAS CHILI PARLOR in Austin, Tx serves chili with beans (black beans no less), that's good enough for me.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Steak, corn on the cob, watermelon, angel food cake with strawberries, and s'mores.
I wish we could eat soon.
Sounds great!
This afternoon was Italian sausage, pork loin, peppers, and fake hashbrown casserole (made with cauliflower, garlic, cream, and cheese).
The first 3 were on the grill and turned out really nice.
Tonight it was lighter with an Atkins bar and a protein shake.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust