Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Curried beef with rice :)

I love beef curry. But I hate the fact that it takes all day to cook the damn thing. Make the sauce, dice the beef, put the beef in the pot, and then cook the hell out of it for nine hours or some obscenely long time.

There are instances where we've cooked curried beef and it takes so long, we literally forgot it ever existed. And then we wonder why there's a pot on the stove. I recall at least two times where we let the sauce boil dry and the whole thing was burnt.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Farm, ranch and Horse breeding stables----Arabians don't you know. :p
Funny, she doesn't look Arabic to me. :D

Last night we had tacos. I cooked the meat in the pressure cooker and it came out great. A bit more prep than the last time I did this, because I've learned to take most of the fat out, otherwise it comes back on ya about 2am.
Cooked the meat about 20 minutes and it came out as if I'd cooked it for hours.
Much easier than getting up every 5-8 minutes to stir the meat in the skillet...for 45 minutes!

Last edited:

dnjan

One Too Many
Curried beef with rice :)

I love beef curry. But I hate the fact that it takes all day to cook the damn thing. Make the sauce, dice the beef, put the beef in the pot, and then cook the hell out of it for nine hours or some obscenely long time.

There are instances where we've cooked curried beef and it takes so long, we literally forgot it ever existed. And then we wonder why there's a pot on the stove. I recall at least two times where we let the sauce boil dry and the whole thing was burnt.

Slow cookers are wonderful. My wife has a number of recipes in which she does the prep (cutting, chopping, etc.) the night before, and puts everything in the icebox overnight. The next morning it goes into the slow cooker, along with liquids and seasonings, and she's off to work. And then we come home to a delicious-smelling house and have a nice dinner.

earl

A-List Customer
Had spicey honey-orange chicken: thinly cut chicken breasts batter fried with a honey-orange sauce comprised of honey, frozen orange concentrate, orange zest, crushed red pepper, garlic, and green onions served over rice. New favorite. Earl

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Slow cookers are wonderful. My wife has a number of recipes in which she does the prep (cutting, chopping, etc.) the night before, and puts everything in the icebox overnight. The next morning it goes into the slow cooker, along with liquids and seasonings, and she's off to work. And then we come home to a delicious-smelling house and have a nice dinner.

The slow cooker is mighty fine appliance. My wife has cooked a whole chicken in it and several times a pork roast. It does quite well as a set it and forget it dinner device, especially for Sunday dinners: load it up with soup or stew, go to church and upon return it's ready to serve up.

Well, thank you.

I wish I had a frozen pizza or something easy. I hardly have the energy for that lol

I would have if I lived there :)

Anyway, don't feel bad. I made frozen pizza for dinner, because it was just me tonight and I didn't feel like messing up the kitchen after I spent all day cleaning it :p

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
I made homemade tartiflette last night for my wife's birthday, with a side salad, and tiramisu for dessert. Nothing like Savoyard food!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken