Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fried Spam and eggs. I can't help it. I like Spam.

Hi

I fried up 1 inch square quarter inch deep pieces of spam, put a piece of cheese on top and put them inside Pillsbury Croissants and baked per the instructions. Those are good. Especially with Smoked Cheddar.

For Dinner last night, I went to Bionic Burger in Haysville Kansas. Bionic is a traditional burger joint. One of their featured burgers this month isn't on the menu. Single quarter pound cheeseburger with grilled onions and a hot link on top. Great combination.

later

dnjan

One Too Many
Black bean tacos. Had some home-made bean dip left from a previous get-together, so I made some fresh salsa, mixed up some masa harina and made soft corn tortillas. Spread some bean dip on the soft tortillas and microwaved for a bit (love those ceramic holders that keep the tortilla shell in a proper taco shape while being microwaved), covered with the salsa and shredded cheese and enjoyed. Plus, got rid of a leftover container in the ice box!

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Fried Spam and eggs. I can't help it. I like Spam.

If you like Spam and if you like pate, try using Spam as a pate. Get some nice bread and spread the Spam on the bread with a bit of Dijon mustard. Its virtually identical to French pate Hernaf.

You can do this at a party and supplement the Spam with nice cheese, salami etc. and your friends will be asking you, "Is this imported French pate?" and you can smile to yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken