Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Full custom Garage. Ian, built a Hot Rod Fire Truck. I am not talking about some puny chopped Model A, I am talking Seagrave pumpr truck! Pretty cool.

It's business, and not necessarily how you think of business...I get why AMC is doing it (though, I think they're complete a$$hats for doing so), but I have a difficult time understanding why, for instance, USA does it with Suits. Never, ever underestimate conformity.
Ah, that makes sense. Thank you for the explanation!

As for "alienating, and frustrating, your audience", that happened to me with the HBO series Six Feet Under. I really enjoyed the show, but the hiatus between seasons 3 and 4 was a little over a year and by the time the first episode of season 4 premiered I had completely lost interest and stopped watching. Considering we're in the midst of the "instant gratification" generation I'd guess that happens more often than the networks would like, but I suppose that's the risk they run by playing the game the way they do.

Listening to Antiques Roadshow while I crochet my sample hats for the store's winter line.

While I know its just a way for PBS you milk some more money out of an already watched show - it is interesting to see when they do the updated prices from shows from 10 or more years ago. Antiques go up and down in value like everything else. And it's a great background show - as you are using it - as you can look when you want to see an item, but otherwise just listen.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
While I know its just a way for PBS you milk some more money out of an already watched show - it is interesting to see when they do the updated prices from shows from 10 or more years ago. Antiques go up and down in value like everything else. And it's a great background show - as you are using it - as you can look when you want to see an item, but otherwise just listen.

Exactly! I have other shows on the dvr I could watch, but I have to pay too much attention to them to be able to work at the same time. I am currently taking my favorite adult hat pattern (a cable stitch) and adapting it for children's sizing. I generally make hats from micro-preemie size (smallest head circumference I've done is 9" - typical newborn is inbetween 15-16"), up to teen sizing. Being able to think & do the math to create a symmetrical pattern means background noise preferred. It was one in Cincinnati.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
HMCS Winnipeg has a contract for Italian satellite television. Today during lunch some of the guys were watching Italian poker. On an Italian sports network.

I discovered that poker is no more of a sport when the "action" is described in Italian than it is when explained in English. It makes televised snooker look like UFC.

cm289

One of the Regulars
Edge of Alaska- not my favorite Alaskan 'reality' show, but I enjoy the scenery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edge of Alaska- not my favorite Alaskan 'reality' show, but I enjoy the scenery.
In 2011 my wife and I spent 11 days in Alaska--seven days spent in Anchorage, Talkeetna, and Denali, then four days sailing down the coast from Whittier to Vancouver. Everywhere we went the scenery was ridiculously wonderful, and every time I'd start to think, "Okay, it can't possibly get any more beautiful than this," they'd show us something else. lol

cm289

One of the Regulars
I haven't made it there yet, but it's definitely on the bucket list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Crash Test Heroes: The Dummy Revolution. Very interesting documentary, on the lowly life saver. Interestingly, one of the early test crash dummies was, Col John Stapp, a live person! He pulled a record 46.2 Gs, and attained a speed of 632 MPH, making him the fastest man on land. [video=youtube;s4tuvOer_GI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4tuvOer_GI[/video]

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
UnReal.

I was reading about an upcoming interview series, and someone mentioned this show was pretty accurate insofar as what happens amongst the team of producers, executive producers, and the crew. I've never been able to understand why a show would need five producers and a handful of executive producers. I thought those jobs mostly involved logistics with travel, locations, contracts etc. I didn't realize how much they were part of the creative team. I gained a tiny bit of insight into that when Scott M.Gimple (executive producer and one of the biggest showrunners in Hollywood right now) implied he would dictate story on The Walking Dead, but it still didn't make a lot of sense to me. UnReal is a pretty stupid show, but it helps explain why so many people with "producer" titles are running around a single show. It's interesting, and too bad, for the writers and directors. I can now see why the creative center gets pushed around so much. There are A LOT of people stirring the pot, and not a whole lot of them are artists as we would like to define artists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken