Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

In the same spirit, when the TV broadcasts contained the warning,"The following program contains partial nudity. Viewer discretion is advised.", I would always say that I was going to call the station and complain about the partial nudity. I wanted *full* nudity. :)
:lol: :thumb:

What about enough violence? :p
This is America--there's already more than enough of that to go around on television and in movies. :D

Warden

One Too Many
Edna is away, so Harry is feeling lonely, however last night I was able to watch whatever I want on TV, No Telly Tubbies or Thomas the Tank engine, instead it was 'Appointment in London'

[video=youtube_share;SKmXGy1ZQd0]http://youtu.be/SKmXGy1ZQd0[/video]

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Rise of the Machines: Heavyweight Helicopter. About the Erickson Air Crane, still one of the great helicopters of all times. I saw one fly directly over me, during our big fire last year. It is really big.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Erickson Air Crane

And has one heck of a down draft. You don't want to attempt to sling a load while it's hovering.

Every time they picked up one of the towers, four men stood below the hovering helicopter to hook up the lift cables. They said it produced 70mph winds!

Bermuda Triangle Exposed

I thought that was very well done and not hokey. The explanations of the Gulf Stream moving debris far away from the accident site and conditions for rogue waves being prevalent were both thoughtful and scientifically grounded. The part about worm holes seemed far fetched, but at least most of it was better than the usual hokum one sees on the Bermuda Triangle.

Edward

Bartender
Finally catchnig up with Peaky Blinders, after buying the girlfriend a copy of the first series. We're enjoying it very much (currently halfway through). All superb performances, not least Sam Neil, who has perfectly capture not only a very challenging accent peculiar to someone from the ranks of the aspiring middle classes of the Coleraine/Ballymena area who has subsequently spent many years in South Belfast (to my ear, anyhow!), but also hits perfectly on some very specific pronunciations and dialect - "bee-Ahsts" for "beasts" was paritcularlarly where I spotted just how well he gets it. Also a lot of fun to see a depiction of Churchill in a much earlier period than the mythological WW2-era PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael