Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

$70K?
Too much for that car.

Counting cars was a re-run last night, darn the luck.
The 56 Route 66 Chevy was a really nice car, and they did a phenomenal job on it!
Of course my wife usually says "if I spend $50-60K to restore a car, it had better be nice or I'll be pissed!" :D

To much for so LITTLE car. :p

Red White and Blue was a LITTLE too much for that car though. lol lol

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Wheeler Dealer. At least I know it's fake, no way you could stay in business with such small profits! Still, kind of funny.

Just watched four episodes (all there are, so far, I think) of HBO's incredibly intense and dark "True Detective." Despite being new and set in 1995 to present day, it has a very film noir feel. Also, it will be hard to make fun of Matthew McConaughey's acting after this (I also liked him in "We Are Marshall" an under-rated college football movie). My head is still spinning from not only trying to keep all the plot threads straight, but there is a meaningful amount of religious and existential philosophy woven in that challenges you to think as well. So far, I'm an (exhausted) fan.

Just watched four episodes (all there are, so far, I think) of HBO's incredibly intense and dark "True Detective." Despite being new and set in 1995 to present day, it has a very film noir feel. Also, it will be hard to make fun of Matthew McConaughey's acting after this (I also liked him in "We Are Marshall" an under-rated college football movie). My head is still spinning from not only trying to keep all the plot threads straight, but there is a meaningful amount of religious and existential philosophy woven in that challenges you to think as well. So far, I'm an (exhausted) fan.

There are five episodes to watch so far. It has been my favorite show since I first stumbled upon it. I have watched each episode multiple times. It is so all around well done. McConaughey has been much better than I would have expected; he has been exceptional. I am addicted to it and eagerly await each episode.
:D

There are five episodes to watch so far. It has been my favorite show since I first stumbled upon it. I have watched each episode multiple times. It is so all around well done. McConaughey has been much better than I would have expected; he has been exceptional. I am addicted to it and eagerly await each episode.
:D

I'm going to hunt out the fifth episode as soon as my day job stops interfering with my life (i.e., I get my work done). While Woody Harrelson is doing a superb job, McConaughey is stealing the show.

cw3pa

A-List Customer
"Upstairs Downstairs" on DVD. It was a bit slow starting out, and took a few episodes to warm up to the story line. We are about six months post the sinking of the RMS Titanic, and are less than half way through. There are few historical references, so it is a bit difficult to keep up with the time line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken