Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Feraud

Bartender
My friend and I are betting that Rick's kid is feeding the zombies rats. :p
Interesting.. I'm thinking there's an oddball among the former Woodbury crowd feeding the walkers. Possibly one of the children that were naming the zombies.

I'm still annoyed it's taking them this long to deal with the walkers at the fence! :eusa_doh:

Interesting.. I'm thinking there's an oddball among the former Woodbury crowd feeding the walkers. Possibly one of the children that were naming the zombies.

I'm still annoyed it's taking them this long to deal with the walkers at the fence! :eusa_doh:

I say that they need to get the prison's generator going and electrify the fence. That will end that problem real quick. :p The smell might be bad for a few weeks though.
Yes, the Woodbury kids was a secondary thought but the light was too high for a small kid.
Did you see the preview where Daryl was driving a Dodge and he nailed a few walkers? When he stopped they swarmed the car and as the camera drew back you saw thousands of them swarming around. It filled the screen!:eeek:

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I watched the first episode of Dancing On The Edge, a miniseries on Starz about a black jazz band in 1930s England who find themselves hobnobbing with aristocrats and royalty. It's VERY loosely based on the events of Duke Ellington's precedent-setting 1933 tour.

It's well done, with excellent costumes and sets, and a fine cast: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Matthew Goode, John Goodman, etc. But it makes one BIG mistake: all the music is newly composed, bogus 30s jazz/pop/blues. It's not bad, but it's merely serviceable, not outstanding. So when all the characters react to it like it's mega-brilliant and earth-shattering, it doesn't quite work. These new tunes simply aren't in the same league as Mood Indigo, Creole Love Call, Black And Tan Fantasy, It Don't Mean A Thing, etc., which are still amazing now, and must have seemed downright miraculous when they were new.

But I'm going to keep watching, 'cause I'm a sucker for anything that does a half-decent job of recreating the 1930s!

You may now return to your Walking Dead conversation...

Feraud

Bartender
The electric fence is a good quick solution. With the wind going in the right direction you may not smell a thing. ;)
The only drawback with a generator might be having to use precious fuel to destroy walkers. This task should be undertaken every time someone patrols the perimeter. The fence would be clear in no time.

Good point about the children's height with regards to the flashlight. I forgot about that.

I saw the preview with Darryl & co heading into the hoard. Darryl had better throw that Dodge in reverse but quick!! :eeek:

The electric fence is a good quick solution. With the wind going in the right direction you may not smell a thing. ;)
The only drawback with a generator might be having to use precious fuel to destroy walkers. This task should be undertaken every time someone patrols the perimeter. The fence would be clear in no time.

Good point about the children's height with regards to the flashlight. I forgot about that.

I saw the preview with Darryl & co heading into the hoard. Darryl had better throw that Dodge in reverse but quick!! :eeek:

My friend and I were saying---Stomp it! Mow 'em down like grass. :p Then again, it is a modern Dodge--not like a 1957 Dodge at all. It might not take that much beating. :p

I would think electrifying the fence would be better than using their food supply to distract the Walkers. :p

Feraud

Bartender
This is just my humble opinion but the zombie/sci-fi story context is the equivalent of the old cowboy films. It's where society plays out moral stories. Speaking as a huge western fan and wishing it weren't so, the genre is no longer relevant. The zombie environment is no more real or accurate than the old west as portrayed in films but it's a the current setting where morality tales are told.
There are good guys, bad guys, power stuggles and heck The Walking Dead even has it's singing cowboy...that'd be Beth to those who have not guessed. ;)

Feraud

Bartender
My friend and I were saying---Stomp it! Mow 'em down like grass. :p Then again, it is a modern Dodge--not like a 1957 Dodge at all. It might not take that much beating. :p

I would think electrifying the fence would be better than using their food supply to distract the Walkers. :p

I don't think that modern Dodge can deliver the punishment like an old school one! I had a '73 Charger that would have mowed 'em down like wheat and not scratched the bumper. ;)

Don't remind me about Rick's wasteful move with the pork. Anything would be better than Rick having wasted their food supply to distract a bunch of walkers. Some of the living haven't much more brain function than un-dead..

I don't think that modern Dodge can deliver the punishment like an old school one! I had a '73 Charger that would have mowed 'em down like wheat and not scratched the bumper. ;)

Don't remind me about Rick's wasteful move with the pork. Anything would be better than Rick having wasted their food supply to distract a bunch of walkers. Some of the living haven't much more brain function than un-dead..

Yeah, it would help to have a metal bumper and real metal fenders. :p Poor 73 Charger, you would have to clean the heck out of it when you were done though. :p
You have to figure that they live in some insane Bizarro World where good decisions do not seem like good ideas. :p Just the loss of bacon would kill me. :p

Thank you - it sounds as if it's the same in season 2: good but not great, interesting in theory, but sometimes boring in practice.

You are welcome. It was cancelled as a result of lesser ratings in Season 2. There has been enough entertaining action to keep me involved for the time-being so we will see how I feel down the road.
:D

VintageBee

One of the Regulars
Outside of the oldies but goodies..."I Love Lucy", "Leave it to Beaver", "Father Knows Best" and such...I confess I watch and adore Duck Dynasty :eek: I have a son who would fit right in :D
But that's really the only modern tv show I will watch...BTW,what's up with all the zombie and vampire tv shows? Its like the networks have gone satanic!!

Oh..wait....

I am pretty sure it's the more annoying of the two orphans. And I agree, that fence issue is past annoying.
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe