Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
The Bible. Still concerned by all its errors, but it IS the History Channel, home of such great 'history' shows like Ax Men and Ice Road Truckers. :eusa_doh:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Phil Spector" - Solid B - Pacino's makin' a living these days of playing crazies and the odd on HBO. Lesse "Dr. Jack", "Roy Cohn" and now Mr. Spector. He's good in this one.. scary good. I enjoyed the work he and Mirren did in this a lot. Oddly filmed for a courtroom drama though. The don't show any court scenes! There's a lot prep work, some interviews, watching of film footage but actual in-court footage is minimal. I felt though that as good as this was it was about 30 minutes TOO SHORT!!! Never thought I'd say that about any movie much less a made for TV one but there it is. You could do worse.

Worf

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
D'ya think Maggie is wondering where her engagement ring came from? ;)

I think she was smart enough to put 2 and 2 together. Where else would he get it? I only wish that they had given Merle all this conflict and complexity WAY earlier in the season. Then it all might have been a bit more believable.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I was thinking that as well, although in the after show John Rooker said that Merle always had good in him and it just didn't come out all of a sudden. That sounded a bit far fetched though. lol lol lol

Yeah, I find it BS. He started off (if you recall his premier in the first episode) as a cookie cutter racist hillbilly. The popularity of his brother, Daryl, is the only reason Merle's character got reprised. You can tell after they took him out of Woodberry, they didn't know what to do with him.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
"Phil Spector" - Solid B - Pacino's makin' a living these days of playing crazies and the odd on HBO. Lesse "Dr. Jack", "Roy Cohn" and now Mr. Spector. He's good in this one.. scary good. I enjoyed the work he and Mirren did in this a lot. Oddly filmed for a courtroom drama though. The don't show any court scenes! There's a lot prep work, some interviews, watching of film footage but actual in-court footage is minimal. I felt though that as good as this was it was about 30 minutes TOO SHORT!!! Never thought I'd say that about any movie much less a made for TV one but there it is. You could do worse.

Worf
I just watched it also. I have to agree with every thing you said Worf, Pacino was great, very believable. I need to come out from under my rock from time to time, I had no idea Spector was retried and convicted. Sad end to a genius! That last song, the version of Spanish Harlem was perfect for the end, very haunting! [video=youtube;h3B_FvJRimY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3B_FvJRimY[/video]

McMurdo

One of the Regulars
I was thinking that as well, although in the after show John Rooker said that Merle always had good in him and it just didn't come out all of a sudden. That sounded a bit far fetched though. lol lol lol

I have to agree with you here, Merle was not a very complex character until the end. I too wish they had given him a bit more dimension a bit earlier in the series. I did like the show and the Talking Dead episode after, the season finale should be interesting.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I totally disagree. I consider DS9 the at least a tie for the best of the series ever produced. The whole "Dominion War" and the nuances actual war added to the stodgy "correctness" of Starfleet was well worth the ride. I consider DS9 not only the best of the genre but great television drama in it's own right!

Worf

The premise of DS9 (supervising the transition of a planet from occupation) was stellar. But it got bogged down in the silly parts of uninteresting characters and worm holes and 'special' people, and klingons. Gotta throw in the klingons.

The premise of DS9 (supervising the transition of a planet from occupation) was stellar. But it got bogged down in the silly parts of uninteresting characters and worm holes and 'special' people, and klingons. Gotta throw in the klingons.
Not to mention the stupid Ferengi and Odo the shapeshifting Idunnowhat---not even he knew. lol lol I won't even mention the Bajorans. lol lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82