Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

howardeye

Practically Family
A few minutes ago, I just finished seeing The Best Years of Our Lives (1946). It's a powerful film. It makes a statement about the types of problems returning soldiers might have experienced after the war was over.

Much to powerful for me to watch this year. Could not watch to Kill a Mockingbird either. I did read your signature which is the most powerfull of all, says it all, and is all! May everyone have a great Thanksgiving! I am making steel today!

McMurdo

One of the Regulars
Watching The Princess Bride, I have loved this wee movie since I first saw it in the theater. The book is pretty awesome too.

Hi All

Well the family is sound asleep after a fun day together, I however cannot sleep so I am breaking out an Erol Flynn classic.
GENTLEMAN JIM. Based on the prize fighter Gentleman Jim Corbett and his life leading up to his fight with John L. Sullivan.
Some great hats to be seen. So I'm off to the kitchen for some left over turkey and cranberry sauce then Gentleman Jim.
Best regards
CCJ

images

Followed by
blood-work-large.jpg

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"John Carter (Of Mars)" - B-Minus - I read the books as a young adult. Not Burough's best known or loved character, that goes to Tarzan of the Apes... BUT not a bad read either. I found this film much more enjoyable than I expected. Good solid script, decent acting, solid cast of little knowns. A semi-plausible explanation of how Carter gets to Mars and why he's there in the first place. Much better than expected, you could do worse. Diz screwed the pooch on this one primarily because blockbusters of this expense need a "hook". Superhero movies have the built in hook of chracter recognition, EVERY kid knows who Spiderman is or Batman. John Carter was immensely popular in the pulps of 70 years ago. These kids today didn't have a clue and Carter's last appearence in comic book form was a shortlived Marvel mag in the 70's I believe. So all in all this film had 4 strikes against it, largely unknown character in todays world, no comic book connection, heavy CGI and a bad title. They should've kept the "Of Mars" in the title that would've at least piqued the interest of nerds nationwide. I wish there'd be a sequel personally.

Worf

Just watched the GodFather's all day Thanksgiving. I am addicted. Must of seen them a dozen times.
Al Pachino was once a very good actor indeed. 'Say hello to my little friend' and Carlito's way can still keep me glued to the screen...but he went blind wanted to dance..and then turned into only a raspy voiced cop. Whata waste.
HD

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Watching The Princess Bride, I have loved this wee movie since I first saw it in the theater. The book is pretty awesome too.

Probably my favorite movie of all time.

"Fezzick, are there rocks ahead?"
"If there are, we'll all be dead!"
"No more rhymes now, I mean it!
"Anybody want a peanut?"

Just watched the GodFather's all day Thanksgiving. I am addicted. Must of seen them a dozen times.
Al Pachino was once a very good actor indeed. 'Say hello to my little friend' and Carlito's way can still keep me glued to the screen...but he went blind wanted to dance..and then turned into only a raspy voiced cop. Whata waste.
HD

I agree 100% with all of your statement. Once upon a time if I saw that Pacino was in a movie, I would definitely give it a look, but not so anymore. Very sad what he has become.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe