Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
'Frieda' (1946) starring David Farrar as an RAF officer who comes home from Germany in 1945 with a German bride (Mai Zetterling). Splendid stuff. Farrar was a much underated actor who seemed to perfectly encapsulate a certain English 'stuffiness' but with either a troubled or detached persona.

Edward

Bartender
Skyfall. Unequivocally the best Bond since Goldfinger. After a couple of films that were more Bourne than Bond, this truly feels like a Bond film. More than that, while with Skyfall the franchise successfully recaptures its own essence for the first time since Connery retired, it also goes to some very dark places that it never could have done back in the Sixties, places which are much more in keeping with my (admittedly limited) reading of the original novels. Highly recommended.

Last edited:

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Skyfall. Unequivocally the best Bond since Goldfinger. After a couple of films that were more Bourne than Bond, this truly feels like a Bond film. More than that, while with []Skyfall[/i] the franchise successfully recaptures its own essence for the first time since Connery retired, it also goes to some very dark places that it never could have done back in the Sixties, places which are much more in keeping with my (admittedly limited) reading of the original novels. Highly recommended.

So pleased to see a good review! I can't WAIT to see this. Have to wait a few more weeks here in the States.

Skyfall. Unequivocally the best Bond since Goldfinger. After a couple of films that were more Bourne than Bond, this truly feels like a Bond film. More than that, while with []Skyfall[/i] the franchise successfully recaptures its own essence for the first time since Connery retired, it also goes to some very dark places that it never could have done back in the Sixties, places which are much more in keeping with my (admittedly limited) reading of the original novels. Highly recommended.
I agree Edward. Even Adele's theme is a Bond time machine number. I personally over Daniel Craig, and I like the direction of the franchise.

american_empire_1942.jpg

McMurdo

One of the Regulars
The Unknown from 1927 with Lon Chaney and Joan Crawford just started on TCM. As for Skyfall it is not out in Canada until Nov. 9th I will be seeing it as soon as possible.

MillersCrossing

Familiar Face
I just caught a fantastic drama on TCM from the 50s (I think it was), called Clash by Night. It was directed by Fritz Lang and featured a terrific Barbara Stanwyk and Robert Ryan, plus a young Marilyn Monroe. Really great script, based on the play by Clifford Odets. TCM is pretty much my all-time favourite channel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe