Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Jonathan Frid was really a neat guy. My wife has several letters from him, and also some signed items such as calendars, books, etc.
He was on the set of the Depp version of Dark Shadows, and in fact he made a cameo along with Kathryn Leigh Scott, and one other actor (played later in the series and in Night Of Dark Shadows). They essentially walked through the door at the "party" scene, and were seen walking about during that sequence.
Depp is a good actor, but yes he's just as creepy I'm sure. Jonathan was not. :)

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Jonathan Frid was really a neat guy. My wife has several letters from him, and also some signed items such as calendars, books, etc.
He was on the set of the Depp version of Dark Shadows, and in fact he made a cameo along with Kathryn Leigh Scott, and one other actor (played later in the series and in Night Of Dark Shadows). They essentially walked through the door at the "party" scene, and were seen walking about during that sequence.
Depp is a good actor, but yes he's just as creepy I'm sure. Jonathan was not. :)

That is great! When I see the Depp version I'll have to keep an eye out for them. :D

bulldog1935

Suspended
last night - Son of Frankenstein with Basil Rathbone and Boris Karloff.
That Mel Brooks could derive Young Frankenstein from this movie and make caricatures of so many of its characters is a testament to his comic genius.

Edward

Bartender
The Beach

What did you make of it? I had mixed feelings, overall, though there were some nice touches. The book remains vastly superior, though - if you haven't read it, do.

I agree Edward. Even Adele's theme is a Bond time machine number. I personally over Daniel Craig, and I like the direction of the franchise.

I generally really do not care for Adele, but yes, what she put together for this really works. They really needed to reposition the franchise, as with Moore onwards it became ever-increasingly self-parody (and not in a good way). With this film the feel is that they are fully confident in this new direction and feel able to nod to the past (hence Q's "we don't go in for that sort of thing any more", the nod to the Aston's ejector seat, et cetera).

Nope, Depp was more campy and fun. I enjoyed it though I was probably in the minority on that one.

Worf

Everyone I know here who saw it loved it, though all the critics enjoyed aiming a good sneer in its direction. The latter, broadly speaking, compared it unfavourably with Beetlejuice, though personally I much preferred Dark Shadows. The former was great and all, but it felt to me much like it was trying too hard a lot of the time.

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Nope, Depp was more campy and fun. I enjoyed it though I was probably in the minority on that one.

Worf

Have always liked Tim Burton movies so count me in on that minority because I'd probably enjoy it too. lol

last night - Son of Frankenstein with Basil Rathbone and Boris Karloff.
That Mel Brooks could derive Young Frankenstein from this movie and make caricatures of so many of its characters is a testament to his comic genius.

Watched Young Frankenstein again earlier in the day, then Son of Frankenstein. It was funny to see the characters that were spoofed so well by Brooks & hard for me to take seriously after that. :rofl:
That man was surely a comic genius!

bulldog1935

Suspended
Basil Rathbone was melodramatic to the point of bipolar, and was clearly Gene Wilder's inspiration.

And throw in a plug for High Anxiety - my daughter's favorite - sight gags from virtually every Hitchcock movie.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Hocus Pocus last night with my daughter (no trick-o-treating for us last night as she is 12 years old and didn't want to, so we made cookies, camped out downstairs, turned off the porch lights, and watched movies all night).

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Hocus Pocus last night with my daughter (no trick-o-treating for us last night as she is 12 years old and didn't want to, so we made cookies, camped out downstairs, turned off the porch lights, and watched movies all night).

... and next year, she'll want to be at a Halloween party with boys. Be warned. :D

220px-The_Outlaw_poster.jpg

:eyebrows:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe