Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

The Moonstone
Typical Monogram whodunit from the 30's, with dialogue and sound effects based on the well known mystery book with same title. A valuable gem from India is stolen in an old dark mansion and it is up to Scotland Yard inspector Charles Irwin to find out who did it among all the suspects who were in the house.
images

Evalyn Bostock was intersting in this movie. :D

People on Sunday (1930)

menschen-am-sonntag.jpg

One of the last silent films to be made in Germany, People on Sunday was also one the early films of Billy Wilder who wrote the screenplay. What makes this movie unique was that real people, not actors, were cast in the roles of the main characters with their actual occupations depicted in the film. On an interesting note: Brigitte Borchert, the blonde girl in the film, died in August 2011 at the age of 100.

[video=youtube;sEH1roiLHUQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEH1roiLHUQ[/video]

Last edited:

job

One Too Many
I have been watching mostly foreign films. My last was Shoeshine. A 1946 Italian film that is considered one of the great film noir ever.

shoeshine1.jpg

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I'm currently watching a 1938 film called "Shadows over Shanghai". It's about three friends stuck in Shanghai during the Japanese Invasion of '37. They're possession of a valuable amulet which they have to get out of the city before their rival, a Russian agent, tries to steal it from them.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Zodiac with Mark Ruffalo and Robert Downey Jr. and Jake Gyllenhall. Very entertaining. And we wished we knew how long it was BEFORE putting it on at 11 pm last night (over two and half hours for the record)!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Zodiac with Mark Ruffalo and Robert Downey Jr. and Jake Gyllenhall. Very entertaining. And we wished we knew how long it was BEFORE putting it on at 11 pm last night (over two and half hours for the record)!

This was the last film my husband and I went to see in the cinema (since our little girl came along going to the cinema has been knocked on the head in favour of going out to dinner) - great movie - quite long but one I would recommend.

Edward

Bartender
This was the last film my husband and I went to see in the cinema (since our little girl came along going to the cinema has been knocked on the head in favour of going out to dinner) - great movie - quite long but one I would recommend.

I have a lot of friends have said similar since they had kids. My local independent place does daytime mother and baby screenings, with lights up in the auditorium and the sound levels down, which seems like a pretty good idea.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I have a lot of friends have said similar since they had kids. My local independent place does daytime mother and baby screenings, with lights up in the auditorium and the sound levels down, which seems like a pretty good idea.

My friend invited me along to a mother/baby screening but to me that would be my idea of hell (so is any kind of mother/baby/toddler group!) so I made my excuses! If I can't concentrate completely on a movie I'd prefer not to see it at all. When my daughter was very young I used to be able to watch a DVD every afternoon and she would just sleep on my lap - I got through a whole Claude Chabrol boxset and much more - good times!

Edward

Bartender
My friend invited me along to a mother/baby screening but to me that would be my idea of hell (so is any kind of mother/baby/toddler group!) so I made my excuses! If I can't concentrate completely on a movie I'd prefer not to see it at all. When my daughter was very young I used to be able to watch a DVD every afternoon and she would just sleep on my lap - I got through a whole Claude Chabrol boxset and much more - good times!

Ha, I get you... I love the cinema, but even I (no kids, no ties) find I go less these days as the price seems to have shot up these last couple of years.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
White Heat... Hmm was rather dissapointed, more a flashback to Cagney's 1930s gangster films than a film noir. Not bad, just not my cup of tea.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Since ditching cable last month, we don't watch nearly as much of anything, movies included. I have, though, seen my first Bollywood film, thanks to the Mr.'s boss lending us a dvd of "Rab Na Bana Di Jodi", a romantic comedy that I seem to have enjoyed more than many of the IMDb reviewers. Yes, the song and dance numbers ran a bit too long, and initially took me by surprise as the first didn't occur until well into the movie, but it was sweet and kind of wacky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael