Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I watched The Enforcer on DVD, much better with no commercial interruptions. I listened to the directors commentary, and it seems Clint had what he called a "repertory company" that was in a lot of his films.

Later

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I watched the beginning of Avatar, but It was on the tely and it was getting so amazingly late I just went to bed, now wondering how it ended

If you've seen Pocahontas, Dances With Wolves, or The Last Samurai... then you know. It's the same story on a different planet, just with higher-tech weapons and less human-like natives.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
"The Artist". Yet again. This time the theatre was much emptier - only about 12 people at the 2 pm showing, and for the first time, I saw a couple walk out within the first 15 minutes. Their loss.

Connery

One Too Many
"Cowboys and Aliens" terribly boring and predictable. Like watching a bad James Bond portrayal in a cowboy clothes...:mad:

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Jane Eyre with Joan Fontaine and Orson Welles. First time to ever watch a Jane Eyre movie, and that's awfully strange considering I visited the Bronte sisters' home in England.

Very dark and rather depressing.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I agree, it's also my favorite version... and I've seen most of them. Great noirish photography, good streamlining of the story, an awesome cast (including little Elizabeth Taylor!), and an excellent score by Bernard Herrmann.

Site comparing Jane Eyre adaptations: http://eyreguide.awardspace.co.uk/

Yes! I liked seeing Elizabeth Taylor, and Agnes Moorehead, Samantha's mother on Bewitched. Strange that Elizabeth Taylor wasn't credited, though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld