Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Midnight In Paris. Wife got the Blu-Ray. We both just love it - not a perfect movie, but some really great scenes and scenery. I love Adrien Brody as Dali. That is some funny stuff. As was "Hemmingway". Accurate portrayals? Dunno. Don't care. It's light fun. Only thing about it is I want to literally see someone kill that annoying "Paul" character played by Michael Sheen. Brilliantly annoying character if ever there was one.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
At the cinema, "The Artist" (yet again) this morning.

On television, an odd, surreal British flick from 1967 called "The White Bus" on Netflix ("Red, White, and Zero" on imdb).

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
The other night, Dressed to Kill (1941) with Lloyd Nolan as Michael Shayne, and Mary Beth Hughes as his girlfriend. Very much feels like a rush job, but snappy chatter saves the movie. Nolan, put out with a faux pas committed by his love interest, cracks "Aw, the stork that brought you shoulda been arrested for peddling dope!"

Tonight, The Las Vegas Story (1952), which is not the inspiring account of a small Nevada train stop that made it big, but how Jane Russell, Victor Mature, and Vincent Price are able to work out their problems arising from embezzlement, jewel theft, and romantic misunderstandings. Hoagy Carmichael basically plays Hoagy.

I watched Secretariat last night. I was actually surprised at the abundance of hats, and quite a few wider brimmed fedoras. I felt they did a good job at showing that not EVERY person in 1973 would be wearing the newest fashions.

Caroline H

Familiar Face
Thursday Kirk H. & I went to see "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy", this morning I caught maybe a little over half of "The Man Who Knew Too Much" on tv. Now I need to see how it starts!

Edward

Bartender
The Artist. I adored it.... and that's coming from someone who doesn't much care for either dogs or happy endings. The score is beautiful, and I want all his clothes. and his car. and a valet who'll work for free....

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
I swiped my avatar from this film's poster, but I'd never seen it until tonight. Uneven turf flick tries too hard to be a Runyonesque comedy. I expected more from Raoul Walsh, cast is okay except for Gail Russell, who acts like she knows what a forgettable picture it's going to be. Lotta good hats, though...

[video=youtube_share;_uGf0VlUlGk]http://youtu.be/_uGf0VlUlGk[/video]

515GQ25GQDL._AA280_.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld