Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
How very cool. Thanks for sharing, Nathan. I hope the next few weeks will be therapeutic.
How very cool. Thanks for sharing, Nathan. I hope the next few weeks will be therapeutic.
I've been curious about how things were going for you Nathan. Nice to see pix from a land far far away. Hope the PT does ya good.. Thanks for the update.

Thank you gentlemen (@VoodooSan and @wsmontana as well!). It was a heck of a fortnight here but I am definitely ready to finally get into the physical therapy. I appreciate all the positive wishes in that regard!

I'm heading to Thailand specifically for freediving, which is a sport I was devoted to about 15 years ago. Not too much chance for hat wearing with that particular activity, but I'll try to snap some photos of me on the beach now and then to share.

Two months of Zen, good food, Thai massage and hanging out at 10-15 meters under the waves among the coral and sea turtles.... if that doesn't cure what ails me, then my my my.

I will definitely keep following the hat parade. Bring on the felt, boys!

Me with fed IV baboon smaller.jpg

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I can’t speak for myself but @VoodooSan has always conducted himself in a gentlemanly manner! ;-)

Sorry @wsmontana and @VoodooSan, I responded to those posts in that confusing way because your comments were on a different page from the rest of the comments that I quoted and I couldn’t sort out how to include yours in the response that I initially posted. I’m in huge hurry today with the shift to Thailand and didn’t have time to sort out something better.

My apologies, by no means did I intend to imply that you two are anything less than gentlemen of the highest caliber (which you both clearly are!). Yet one more tutorial for me in that lifelong lesson: that shortcuts are never short!

TimmyV

One of the Regulars
As Rick P said, long holiday weekend... Happy Labor Day to y'all ! This morning I'm sharing pics of a hat that caught my eye because it is different than anything I had ever seen. That's the kind of hat I love to add to my collection !
Sovereign Stetson Windham model in Mink color with contrasting color brim edge binding and grosgrain ribbon hatband. Check out the way the brim edge binding was done . That's what makes this one stand out to me !

20240830_160133.jpg
20240830_160140.jpg
20240830_160155.jpg
20240830_160203.jpg
20240830_160223.jpg
20240830_155947.jpg

VoodooSan

One Too Many
Sorry @wsmontana and @VoodooSan, I responded to those posts in that confusing way because your comments were on a different page from the rest of the comments that I quoted and I couldn’t sort out how to include yours in the response that I initially posted. I’m in huge hurry today with the shift to Thailand and didn’t have time to sort out something better.

My apologies, by no means did I intend to imply that you two are anything less than gentlemen of the highest caliber (which you both clearly are!). Yet one more tutorial for me in that lifelong lesson: that shortcuts are never short!
No apologies necessary, my friend. You have far more important things on your plate to deal with.

VoodooSan

One Too Many
As Rick P said, long holiday weekend... Happy Labor Day to y'all ! This morning I'm sharing pics of a hat that caught my eye because it is different than anything I had ever seen. That's the kind of hat I love to add to my collection !
Sovereign Stetson Windham model in Mink color with contrasting color brim edge binding and grosgrain ribbon hatband. Check out the way the brim edge binding was done . That's what makes this one stand out to me !

View attachment 637003 View attachment 637004 View attachment 637005 View attachment 637006 View attachment 637007 View attachment 637009
That's definitely a winner, Timmy!!

RickP

Practically Family

View attachment 637003 View attachment 637004 View attachment 637005 View attachment 637006 View attachment 637007 View attachment 637009
Now thats a different brim for sure! I may have to try that with a big bound edge cowboy hat thats begging for some attention. I hate to just cut the binding off just because the brims 3/4-1" too big. That might very well be a solution.... Fold over Iron like the dickens and sew away! lol

VoodooSan

One Too Many
Other things kept me busy all day yesterday, so a day late here are the hats of last week.

Valensy View attachment 637069

Barbisio Ticino
View attachment 637070

Knox Twentyfive
View attachment 637071

Dunlap View attachment 637072

Dalton
View attachment 637073

Stetson Stratoliner
View attachment 637074

Dobbs
View attachment 637075

GB Borsalino fu Lazzaro
View attachment 637076
Another amazing lineup, Stefan! I'm going to refrain from naming the Valensy (just for a change), and go with the Dalton as #1, the Knox as #2, and the Dobbs as #3.

This morning's pick is from Lamson Hubbard out of Baltimore. Dove Gray with matching brim edge binding and grosgrain ribbon hatband. The unreeded sweatband is nice too. I especially like how they did the brim binding as it is wider on the top side than the bottom.
This hat caught my eye the other day, mostly because of the "Whippet-ness"
( not sure you'll find that in the dictionary. lol. ) I had never seen a hat from these folks but a little research here at TFL tells me they have been around a very long time.

View attachment 636798 View attachment 636800 View attachment 636801 View attachment 636802 View attachment 636803 View attachment 636806 View attachment 636807
Love that wide brim binding, Tim. Making me regret passing on an Adam with similar binding that was going for a song this week. Was just trying to keep the HAS in check. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigdog42