Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
IMG_2460.jpeg

VoodooSan

One Too Many
Buckle up, folks, this one comes with a story.

Back in early July, I complimented @Pellie on the Barbisio fedora he had shown off that day, and sighed-in-writing that I was still searching for one of those in my pinhead size.

Several days later, Stefan @steur saw my comment, and offered to look through his collection to see what he might be willing to part with. He contacted me later that day, and offered me two immaculate-condition Barbisios for an astonishingly low price, shipping included.

I of course IMMEDIATELY accepted his generous offer. He said he was also throwing in “a little something extra” to feed my Barbisio hunger. (I figured some kind of paper ephemera, maybe old advertising). After that, it was merely a matter of waiting on tenterhooks for the international shipment to make its way to me.

The hats arrived yesterday, and his “little something extra” proved to be a THIRD freaking hat!!! I am now the (very) proud owner of three pristine Barbisio Titan fedoras.

This is the first, in “cervo” color, which translates to deer. In doing further research, I also discovered it's the name of a river near the village in Italy where the Barbisio line was founded. (There's a LOT to read in the Barbisio Brotherhood thread!) It's too bloody hot in my part of Idaho right now to wear felt outdoors (excepting these pics taken early this morning), so I'm having to content myself with wearing it around the house all day! :D

Stefan has posted far better interior shots of all these hats in threads here in the past, and his photography skills far out-distance mine, so you're just getting the standard "see my new hat" shots. The other two will be shown in the next couple or three days.

I don't have enough words, to thank, and praise, Stefan for his generosity. I am truly humbled.
Barbisio Cervo 1.jpg
Barbisio Cervo 2.jpg

Pellie

One Too Many

Back in early July, I complimented @Pellie on the Barbisio fedora he had shown off that day, and sighed-in-writing that I was still searching for one of those in my pinhead size.

Several days later, Stefan @steur saw my comment, and offered to look through his collection to see what he might be willing to part with. He contacted me later that day, and offered me two immaculate-condition Barbisios for an astonishingly low price, shipping included.

I of course IMMEDIATELY accepted his generous offer. He said he was also throwing in “a little something extra” to feed my Barbisio hunger. (I figured some kind of paper ephemera, maybe old advertising). After that, it was merely a matter of waiting on tenterhooks for the international shipment to make its way to me.

The hats arrived yesterday, and his “little something extra” proved to be a THIRD freaking hat!!! I am now the (very) proud owner of three pristine Barbisio Titan fedoras.

This is the first, in “cervo” color, which translates to deer. In doing further research, I also discovered it's the name of a river near the village in Italy where the Barbisio line was founded. (There's a LOT to read in the Barbisio Brotherhood thread!) It's too bloody hot in my part of Idaho right now to wear felt outdoors (excepting these pics taken early this morning), so I'm having to content myself with wearing it around the house all day! :D

Stefan has posted far better interior shots of all these hats in threads here in the past, and his photography skills far out-distance mine, so you're just getting the standard "see my new hat" shots. The other two will be shown in the next couple or three days.

I don't have enough words, to thank, and praise, Stefan for his generosity. I am truly humbled. View attachment 630757 View attachment 630758
I told you....you will find one!! ;-)

I don't have enough words, to thank, and praise, Stefan for his generosity. I am truly humbled. View attachment 630757 View attachment 630758
Very nice, Mark. Looks great on you. Nice work by the transcontinental enabler Stefan.

VoodooSan

One Too Many
Rehfus & Cie. "Kolibri / Hummingbird", possibly early 1960s and a recent find. Rehfus & Cie. was located in Kehl am Rhein, Germany (directly across from Strasbourg, France) and closed in 1963.

53897863553_ce8186af19_h.jpg

53897964489_217c7b814b_h.jpg

53897622846_11e5f020b0_h.jpg

53897628481_131078da36_h.jpg

53897980824_a360355403_h.jpg

53896717107_6510b4185c_h.jpg

Carl Johann Rehfus-Oberländer (1855-1926), head of the Kehler hat factory, was an avid hunter and writer.

21472917601_8b68506fc0_o.jpg

31419534033.jpg

Villa Rehfus, Kehl am Rhein

32905601115_c778d87419_o.jpg
VERY striking!

Mighty44

One Too Many

Another classic—looks great on you, Mark.

wsmontana

A-List Customer
Gentlemen, my first and so far only Stetson, bearing the internal label "Moose River". I am so thrilled by it. I know views on the Moose River are mixed but....

View attachment 630731
The Moose River is a nice hat and I have a couple that I rotate with my Akubras when fly fishing. Looks like you scored one of the better ones with a real leather hat band. Congrats!

RickP

Practically Family
Its MISERABLY hot and humid here..... I cant wait to cool windy wet weather gets here... I have so many darker and heavier hats that cant be worn right now. My Chanmp Featherweights and Silverbelly Moose River are too hot to wear by 8am... Come on fall and winter! ( sometimes I miss the weather in the Pacific Northwest!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads