Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

"Dogma" "Striegau", Wool, possibly early 1930s maybe later 1920s. Possibly made by Berlin - Gubener Hutfabrik. The model / form type on the paper label is "Striegau" which was as a town located in Germany but after WWII Strzegom, Poland. The Hat was sold by Hut Köhl Kehl am Rhein which is across the Rhein from Strasbourg. The Wool felt is very pliable with high gloss. There is an extreme amount of Brim Flange. The overall condition is very good and the Crown Tip Patch is still in place. The "Dogma" brand / mark is very memorable. :) I enjoy finding these old German Wool Soft Felt Hats and this one is a great example. I found this Wool Soft Felt back in 2022.

53785526315_92387cf226_h.jpg

53785528725_06b002017b_h.jpg

53784160612_5f4542e024_h.jpg

53785461969_9b06db00d8_h.jpg

53784202017_8b3b6cacba_h.jpg

Early 1940s and Earlier German Hats With No Company Mark And Same Paper Label Type 1
(Wool Soft and Stiff Felt Hats with the same Paper Label type as this "Dogma" Wool Soft Felt.)

https://germanaustrianhats.invision...-no-company-mark-and-same-paper-label-type-1/

Last edited:

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Looks fantastic with that brim curl, Randall.

Sweet Mother of Bobo the Clown!!!!!! o_Oo_Oo_O That is a PHENOMENAL hat, Randall!!!!!

Thanks, guys!
A sweet hat I bought from my pal Randy.
When he owned it he had someone put in the curl; I’m fairly sure that’s what he told me.
I’d wear it more often if I wasn’t worried about sweatin it up.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Prayers and positive thoughts enroute for good results from the testing.

Thank you Mark. Results from the last week’s tests cut two ways: it’s a relief to know that my cardio and pulmonary functions are all normal (according to western medicine). In fact, my pulmonary functions are within the top 5 percentile (I suppose that’s what comes from years of freediving).

On the other hand, we still have no idea what’s wrong with me. Nobody knows anything other than “Long COVID.”

Sigh. I do feel better - the doc cleared me for getting back to freediving in Asia. I am hoping some quality time in the ocean will help heal me.

Rewarding myself with Ben and Jerry’s ice cream after a hard week - still under the Strat.

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers, Mark.

IMG_2382.jpeg

Last edited:

rogueclimber

One of the Regulars
the doc cleared me for getting back to freediving in Asia. I am hoping some quality time in the ocean will help heal me.

Quality time in the ocean, yes! Freediving? Oh hell no! My dive instructors always taught me to never hold my breath LOL

SCUBA is the lazy man's sport. I just flit around and float weightlessly under water :)

Really glad to hear the Drs cleared you to freedive. Gotta mean you are on the right path (wearing the right hat!)

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Quality time in the ocean, yes! Freediving? Oh hell no! My dive instructors always taught me to never hold my breath LOL

SCUBA is the lazy man's sport. I just flit around and float weightlessly under water :)

Really glad to hear the Drs cleared you to freedive. Gotta mean you are on the right path (wearing the right hat!)

Never hold your breath on SCUBA! But so long as you’re not sucking down compressed air, apnea is very very healthy (but yeah, hard work - more of a lifestyle, really).

I sure hope this is gonna be the right move. I tried staying in one place this last year and that didn’t give me the results I need. Time to try something different. Back to the ocean…. back to the source.

Thanks Rob.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
"Dogma" "Striegau", Wool, possibly early 1930s maybe later 1920s. Possibly made by Berlin - Gubener Hutfabrik. The model / form type on the paper label is "Striegau" which was as a town located in Germany but after WWII Strzegom, Poland. The Hat was sold by Hut Köhl Kehl am Rhein which is across the Rhein from Stroudsburg. The Wool felt is very pliable with high gloss. There is an extreme amount of Brim Flange. The overall condition is very good and the Crown Tip Patch is still in place. The "Dogma" brand / mark is very memorable. :) I enjoy finding these old German Wool Soft Felt Hats and this one is a great example. I found this Wool Soft Felt back in 2022.

Early 1940s and Earlier German Hats With No Company Mark And Same Paper Label Type 1
(Wool Soft and Stiff Felt Hats with the same Paper Label type as this "Dogma" Wool Soft Felt.)

https://germanaustrianhats.invision...-no-company-mark-and-same-paper-label-type-1/
That Dogma is the cat's meow!

The Shoe

One Too Many
Pulmonary function test day! Not sure why this wasn’t done last year but better late than never.

Modern premier quality Stratoliner. I saw some members discussing wanting a Strat and I can say that I am quite happy with this hat. The premier quality comes open crown, with quite substantial yet very soft felt. The sweatband seems like good quality as well.

I got mine for $160.00 off the Walmart website and if you can find it for that cheap I’d say it’s worth it.

View attachment 620386 View attachment 620387 View attachment 620388 View attachment 620389

Shorts again today as well!
View attachment 620390

Just now got in the testing machine - looks like a dunking booth
View attachment 620392
View attachment 620391
Here’s hoping for positive results.
Edit: Just saw the results. Sounds good. If only the long covid would sort itself out.

Last edited:

VoodooSan

Practically Family

Denton

A-List Customer
"Dogma" "Striegau", Wool, possibly early 1930s maybe later 1920s. Possibly made by Berlin - Gubener Hutfabrik. The model / form type on the paper label is "Striegau" which was as a town located in Germany but after WWII Strzegom, Poland. The Hat was sold by Hut Köhl Kehl am Rhein which is across the Rhein from Stroudsburg. The Wool felt is very pliable with high gloss. There is an extreme amount of Brim Flange. The overall condition is very good and the Crown Tip Patch is still in place. The "Dogma" brand / mark is very memorable. :) I enjoy finding these old German Wool Soft Felt Hats and this one is a great example. I found this Wool Soft Felt back in 2022.

Magnificent! I like the look of the thin binding on the deeply flanged brim.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab

RickP

A-List Customer
Veey nice hat you got there. I have the same problem with several of my thin ribbon hats.
Ive steamed and ironed those ends but they always seem to fly back up lol. Guess they just want to hang on to their "character"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB123