Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Its hot out....Stetson 6X with vintage pug added:
1718217253737.png

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I am messing around today with my Southeast Asia fashion. I’ve just about decided to take the Akubra Fed IV in heritage fawn. It’s replaceable, fun to wear and performs well against the elements. It also adds a certain urban flair to my otherwise somewhat spaghetti western getup (I’m actually thinking about Jodorowski’s “El Topo” when I say that).

This outfit is typical of what I wear in Southeast Asia. I do like the aesthetic (though of course it’s not for everyone) but mostly this is all about real protection from specific elements: the heat and humidity, the sun, and the mosquitos.

The harem trousers are a Thai design (at least, I’ve never seen them anywhere else). They have “wings” at the bottom that open on the sides when I am active but lie down and close off the legs when I am at rest. Absolutely brilliant balance between air flow and mosquito protection.

The shirt is a cheap cotton but the cape and trousers are a very sturdy almost hemp-like cotton used in high quality Thai hill tribes clothing. Very cool in the day and warm at night.

With cape:
View attachment 620205

Sans cape;
View attachment 620206

Winged trousers:
View attachment 620209
View attachment 620210

The FED IV:
View attachment 620212

Not everyone’s cuppa tea, but I tell you what - dengue fever ain’t no joke.
Now that is one outfit with a Fedora we've never seen before on the FL, Nathan.

Love it, my friend!

VoodooSan

Practically Family

VoodooSan

Practically Family
This was, perforce, a pretty crappy day, for reasons that don't need to be enumerated. About the ONLY good thing about the day was me wearing my 60s-vintage #1 Quality Stetson. So, being a reasonable, and logical person, I'm continuing to wear it in the house tonight, hoping it'll help drain a little more suck out of my mood before bedtime.

Stetson #1 in house c.jpg

Mighty44

One Too Many
This was, perforce, a pretty crappy day, for reasons that don't need to be enumerated. About the ONLY good thing about the day was me wearing my 60s-vintage #1 Quality Stetson. So, being a reasonable, and logical person, I'm continuing to wear it in the house tonight, hoping it'll help drain a little more suck out of my mood before bedtime.

View attachment 620647
Sorry to hear, Mark! But that hat does looks great on you.

RickP

A-List Customer
Supposed to be sunny today here.. thought I wear something a bit larger than usual. So the old Akubra Lawson gets the call this morning. Have had this hat since about 2008 if I remember correctly... Its faded a bit lighter shade over time, but has held up really nicely. It was my first Akubra. One of my favorite hatbands of all times (braided kangaroo)

Compress_20240613_070341_1865.jpg

Compress_20240613_065152_2977.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB123