Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

StoryPNW

One Too Many
On the Eleventh Day of StingyMas…

The final day of Stingymas is here and I just couldn’t decide between these two hats from Willoughby Hatters of France. So why not bring both!

The first is the Consul I a super soft and fuzzy black stingy. Soft as a blanket.

View attachment 573325 View attachment 573326 View attachment 573327 View attachment 573328

The second a bit more structured green Heather….this one slightly at the long end of Stingy at 2 1/8

View attachment 573329 View attachment 573330 View attachment 573331 View attachment 573332

There we’re more Stingies that didn’t make it to StingyMas this year… but that’s ok.. because the real spirit of StingyMas is that these great hats can get worn more than on just these eleven magical days.

Thank you to all who joined in on the Stingy fun and thanks to those who watched along.

Happy Festivus.. I trust you’ve aired your grievances and had your tests of strength

View attachment 573334

View attachment 573335
Joe, that heather green is something else, very nice!

I haven't particularly shared in Stingymas this year but I've enjoyed the festivities.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday we talked about the very interesting research work carried out by Stefan regarding the brands of Italian hatters in their long history.
Bolivia Barbisio 6.jpg
Let's celebrate early this morning with a Strà Barbisio. Size 60, equivalent to a 7 1/2 in the US.
Bolivia Barbisio 3.jpg
Light felt hat, "Bolivia" color with pleated bow in the usual craftsmanship of Barbisio production.
Bolivia Barbisio A.jpg
It is the second in the series dedicated to stingy Italians for Christmas and special holidays :)
Bolivia Barbisio 4.jpg
Thanks for your likes for the "Bismuto" colored Charles Hatters and have a nice day on Christmas Eve

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
It's tough being the best dressed man at the mall, but somebody has to do it! That is one fine looking hat, young man.
Bartosino lords hat on this final day of Stingymas, a gift (one of several) courtesy of Stefan (@steur):
View attachment 573321 View attachment 573322

Please forgive the lack of an action shot of me leaping. Taking selfies in the grocery store parking lot inconspicuously is hard enough. Lords a leaping is out of the question.

Now, time to go polish and erect my pole...

FOR FESTIVUS!

I love the way the final product turned out, Brent.

Another Borsalino for the last day of StingyMas. Well that went by quickly.

View attachment 573250

View attachment 573249
Glad to see you out and about again, Steve. The stingy works well worn like that.
5 inch crown
2 1/2 inch bound brim
2 inch sweat with protector

The liner has some staining, but otherwise a clean lid.

View attachment 573251
View attachment 573252
We prefer to call it "patina" instead of "staining";). Nice hat.

My new Lee Forty. Looks like it was made yesterday.
That's a mighty looking hat, Mike.

Have to give it the Marathon. Easy win really.

Bartosino lords hat on this final day of Stingymas, a gift (one of several) courtesy of Stefan (@steur):
View attachment 573321 View attachment 573322

Please forgive the lack of an action shot of me leaping. Taking selfies in the grocery store parking lot inconspicuously is hard enough. Lords a leaping is out of the question.

Now, time to go polish and erect my pole...

FOR FESTIVUS!
Good to see that one being worn once more.

On the Eleventh Day of StingyMas…

The final day of Stingymas is here and I just couldn’t decide between these two hats from Willoughby Hatters of France. So why not bring both!

The first is the Consul I a super soft and fuzzy black stingy. Soft as a blanket.

View attachment 573325 View attachment 573326 View attachment 573327 View attachment 573328

The second a bit more structured green Heather….this one slightly at the long end of Stingy at 2 1/8

View attachment 573329 View attachment 573330 View attachment 573331 View attachment 573332

There we’re more Stingies that didn’t make it to StingyMas this year… but that’s ok.. because the real spirit of StingyMas is that these great hats can get worn more than on just these eleven magical days.

Thank you to all who joined in on the Stingy fun and thanks to those who watched along.

Happy Festivus.. I trust you’ve aired your grievances and had your tests of strength

View attachment 573334

View attachment 573335
Great series of stingies, Joe. What better way than to close it off with a few Willoughbys (not many of us can say that they have a few of those).

Very fine looking hat, Brent.

Yesterday we talked about the very interesting research work carried out by Stefan regarding the brands of Italian hatters in their long history.
View attachment 573353
Let's celebrate early this morning with a Strà Barbisio. Size 60, equivalent to a 7 1/2 in the US.
View attachment 573354
Light felt hat, "Bolivia" color with pleated bow in the usual craftsmanship of Barbisio production.
View attachment 573355
It is the second in the series dedicated to stingy Italians for Christmas and special holidays :)
View attachment 573356
Thanks for your likes for the "Bismuto" colored Charles Hatters and have a nice day on Christmas Eve
Fantastic hat, Daniele, but the compliments must also go out to the seamstresses at the factory who did that unsurpassable bow work.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
I agree with Stafan. It looks great and the wind trolley sets it off nicely. If you want a change, might I recommend spending just a few dollars on a deep burgundy ribbon, or maybe a silver. Gannon also has a purple/grey ribbon (I think it is called Commando) that would give it a nice look.

Got this the other day. Never heard of the brand Andrei. Debating whether to keep it. It fists well, has a 2 1/8 bound brim. Union label under the sweat. Nothing really special about it.

View attachment 573485
View attachment 573486

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
That's a mighty looking hat, Mike.

Have to give it the Marathon. Easy win really.

Good to see that one being worn once more.

Great series of stingies, Joe. What better way than to close it off with a few Willoughbys (not many of us can say that they have a few of those).

Very fine looking hat, Brent.
Thanks Stefan!
The Marathon is a wonderful hat.
The Berteil, however, is a dual duty holiday hat. It works not only for Stingymas, but at 97 grams also fits the bill for Slim-Brimmukah, the Festival of Lightweights! :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007