Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Wait, this is not a ploy to lure me out of my hat-cave with all my hats, is it?:D
DSCF5547_zpsaa0gwkaj.jpg
DSCF5548.jpg
How could I ever do that. What has six beauties got to do with drawing you from Holland? The ladies are collectively known as: "the Dutchies, a name they gave themselves. They and their fellows are regulars at a number of weekend festivals here in the UK.

As well as a talented seamstress Tina is quite gifted at styling the ladies hair, vintage fashion. I can't remember now, but she may have styled all six, there again, Tina has a partner, another lady, name of Lynn whom together are very popular and in demand at these festivals. This lady's hair is definitely Tina's handiwork.
DSCF5539.jpg

And in keeping with this thread, this is a hat made by a Belgium lady, Flemish speaking, of course, well known round these parts. I wore it today after seeing Joe's fine hat.
Strat-a-like 005.JPG

Last edited:
View attachment 409271
View attachment 409270
How could I ever do that. What has six beauties got to do with drawing you from Holland? The ladies are collectively known as: "the Dutchies, a name they gave themselves. They and their fellows are regulars at a number of weekend festivals here in the UK.

As well as a talented seamstress Tina is quite gifted at styling the ladies hair, vintage fashion. I can't remember now, but she may have styled all six, there again, Tina has a partner, another lady, name of Lynn whom together are very popular and in demand at these festivals. This lady's hair is definitely Tina's handiwork.
View attachment 409272

And in keeping with this thread, this is a hat made by a Belgium lady, Flemish speaking, of course, well known round these parts. I wore it today after seeing Joe's fine hat.
View attachment 409273
Looking good Robert

View attachment 409271
View attachment 409270

View attachment 409272

View attachment 409273
Very nice photos, Robert and interesting to see how much of that vintage look is defined by the hairstyle. Tina is a woman of many talents; I'd hang on to that one if I were you.;)

GHT

I'll Lock Up
How I love a week in hats, always a treat. If I had to choose it would be the Borsalino Cecosca Bismuto. Not out of any preference of style but I love the exquisite colour. From what I can see in the photo it looks to be
khaki-esque in appearance.
steur.jpg
The brim and ribbon contrast just sets it off a treat.

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday evening's warmer 25'f temps found me on a walkabout in a Stetson Stratoliner.

i-MjDRML6-M.jpg

i-GzMnnTw-M.jpg

i-tJcBQ46-M.jpg

i-HvNdsGn-M.jpg

I pulled a couple hats out of "winter storage" and wore them this morning. They will need some "refreshing steam to pull some storage marks out. Regardless they are fun hats to wear.

First hat is an Australian Whippet. Excellent felt.

i-ccLc5Mw-M.jpg

i-zkJPsMG-M.jpg

i-66KjwgF-M.jpg

i-Z7PTbCq-M.jpg

A 50's Stetson Whippet with soft maleable chocolate felt. A felt that makes you want to touch it.

i-RPCGR5W-M.jpg

i-wKngBgX-M.jpg

i-M75j6tn-M.jpg

Errands and starting to grill some brunch in a VS Whippet inspired fedora.

i-nPj3DVs-M.jpg

i-rL9p7qS-M.jpg

i-ZsbbqzT-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday evening's warmer 25'f temps found me on a walkabout in a Stetson Stratoliner.

i-MjDRML6-M.jpg

i-GzMnnTw-M.jpg

i-tJcBQ46-M.jpg

i-HvNdsGn-M.jpg

I pulled a couple hats out of "winter storage" and wore them this morning. They will need some "refreshing steam to pull some storage marks out. Regardless they are fun hats to wear.

First hat is an Australian Whippet. Excellent felt.

i-ccLc5Mw-M.jpg

i-zkJPsMG-M.jpg

i-66KjwgF-M.jpg

i-Z7PTbCq-M.jpg

A 50's Stetson Whippet with soft maleable chocolate felt. A felt that makes you want to touch it.

i-RPCGR5W-M.jpg

i-wKngBgX-M.jpg

i-M75j6tn-M.jpg

Errands and starting to grill some brunch in a VS Whippet inspired fedora.

i-nPj3DVs-M.jpg

i-rL9p7qS-M.jpg

i-ZsbbqzT-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
You put on a week's worth of hats in one day, Eric. As always, today's batch were wonderful to behold. I especially admired their "Stetsonian" classic shapes and lines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe