Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Randooch,
Congrats, you'all look great together!
Beautiful flowers, Alan, nice hat to go with them.
Another great stitch job, Mario.
Nice stingy, Mike.
Looking good in your customs, DJ.
Like that thin-ribbon Dinerman.
pw008-5.jpg

Imperial Stetson today. More cold weather after an almost 70 degree day yesterday. Bummer.

fmw

One Too Many
I'm not going out today because it is pouring rain. Since I work where I live, I have that luxury. For the first day of Spring I wore my Stetson Open Road. No need for an image. Everyone knows what they look like. Nice photography, Alan.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
2011-03-22095358.jpg

Kind of a weird expression on my face, but here's my Ox Blood from Black Sheep Hat Works in natural light, during our brief respite from the rain here in the SF Bay Area.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
2011-03-22095358.jpg

Kind of a weird expression on my face, but here's my Ox Blood from Black Sheep Hat Works in natural light, during our brief respite from the rain here in the SF Bay Area.

I saw that Bob posted pics of that hat on his website recently, or at least one in the same color with similar bow work. Too bad he doesn't have it in rabbit!

Today, I'm trying to wear in my Adam stingy center crease, deliberately in the rain. I've discovered it only fits my head with the forward dents added, and I've also discovered that the black dye seems to easily rub off on my hands with a little wetness! So far the jet black color hasn't been compromised at all though.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Today Im wearing my 1950's Royalist. I had put a center dent in it originally, but it just didnt go. So I re-steamed the hat, and re-did the crown into a diamond. This type of diamond though is very Mario-Esque and I love how sharp it looks. A word of WARNING though, once this crease is done, you kind of have to like it because the crease lines are so sharp that they are very difficult to steam out unless the hat is totally re-blocked. Here's some pictures:

Royalist1.jpg

Royalist2.jpg

Royalist3.jpg

p24t

New in Town
Greetings everyone, this is my first pic/post. It's spring in Texas, so the straw hats start coming out. This hat is nothing special, a Stacy Adams hemp braid, but it's one of my favorites because I love the way it fits. (oh, and I'm still a little green around the snout from St. Patty's day)

today0322.jpg

fmw

One Too Many
Nice, Josh. I read about people complaining about crown taper. Your crease created negative taper. I'm just joshin'. You did a good job and got a good result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe